Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice on a kanckered Trek
  • MarkCotton
    Free Member

Hi all, i got well and truly pooped on when i bought a second hand Trek 9.9 a few years ago. I discovered last year hidden near the chainrings was a hole caused by chain suck!It had been hidden quite nicely so I am pretty gutted about this, nice honest selling there but my fault for not checking evey inch of it properly.

Does anyoneone have any suggestions or advice if this frame is able to
    be rescued? I dont want to just have to chuck the thing away but i cant sell it in that condition so i fear that is is headed to the scrap heap.

I realise this is rather embarsing so please, take pitty on me and try not to be too cutting with any "you wally" remarks

Many thanks

njee20
    Free Member

There's a number of companies that repair frames in that state, the name of any of them elude me, I'm sure someone will pop up with a company who'll do it though!

oldgit
    Free Member

Sounds like it's gonna cost. Thought 9.9s were carbon?

Argos racing cycles might do it, repair work isn't too expensive. It's if you have it resprayed that it will cost.

JoeBones
    Free Member

You wally

njee20
    Free Member

9.9s are carbon, there are still companies that repair them, a friend of mine had a big metal pole go through the downtube of a 9.9 (strangely!) and got that done, someone else I know but their road bike into a ditch and snapped the top tube, that got done too, after a respray you'd have no idea!

Try this lot.

bassspine
    Free Member

…you've been riding it for a few years since you bought it and it hasn't broken yet? sounds ok then

khani
    Free Member

if its carbon hq fibre repair in norfolk did a scale for me, recomended by scott uk peaple,

HQ Fibre Products

Vale Farm Workshop,

Blofield Road,

Lingwood,

Norwich,

Norfolk

01603 713972

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice on a kanckered Trek’ is closed to new replies.