• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice needed: Rockshox SID 120mm 29er or DT Swiss XMM 120 29er?
  • nordofjura
    Free Member

hi there

i’m in the process of building up a bike for my old man. Looking for a fork to go with the sc tallboy frame. it should have 120mm of travel, tapered steerer and 15mm (m)axle. fox-options are rather too expensive.
    was thinking of something rockshox or maybe dt swiss. the only rockshox i could find are some sid (type xyz …). thought they might be a little too soft, but my experience is based on some rather noodly ones from the late 90’s. stiff enough? or go for some dt’s? or did i miss something?

any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

nordofjura
    Free Member

well, it doesn’t really burn, that thread …
    maybe it’s in the title – i should’ve written: 29er fork advice: 120mm/tapered/maxle

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im sure you can get reba’s that will fit the bill. what type of riding will he be doing?

khani
    Free Member

I’d get these… , but on one were doing revelations for a good price recently.

strike
    Free Member

Having run both, I’d definitely go for DT Swiss (Twinshot version if you can get it). Build quality is much higher, better damping (in my opinion) and stiffer.

nordofjura
    Free Member

thanks for the help.
    well, he’s not exactly the shredder-type of rider but then again, he won’t be racing. so, weight is not really an issue (talking about +/- 300 grams), he might prefers stiffness over weight.

IA

Got some 100mm/15mm taper sids they’re ace. The RCT3 damping is a huge step up over RS of old.

Only difference betweeen 29er sids and rebas is the damping. Nicer damping on the SIDS.

Find the sids plenty stiff (6’4″ 87kg). 20mm longer might make them a bit noodly though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed: Rockshox SID 120mm 29er or DT Swiss XMM 120 29er?’ is closed to new replies.