Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Advice needed from Southern STW for accomm just south of Crawley/East Grinstead
  • langylad
    Free Member

My son will be playing a cricket tournament for Lancashire from 11th to 16th august. They are playing at Ardingley College, not far from the end of the M23. Me and the missus are looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay nearby. Static caravan, b and d, that sort of thing.

Any recommendations greatly accepted 🙂

nickdavies

You need one of these:

http://www.thelittlegreenbook.co.uk/

Work on the road a lot and it’s my bible!

langylad
    Free Member

Thanks Nick, will have a peruse

rewski
    Free Member

you shouldn’t have a problem finding a cheap b&b in the horley area, very near to gatwick so lots of cabin crew stopover in the area.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wherever you stay, if you would like a guided tour of the best bits of the Surrey Hills, bring your bike down and I am sure a few of us will gladly show you around.

Your better location would be Haywards Heath. It’s got a direct road to Ardingly and the traffic is nothing like as bad a East Grinstead, which is notorious for getting snarled up on the roads in and out.

lilchris
    Free Member

What geetee said.

Lots of temporary lights round here at the moment.

langylad
    Free Member

Thanks geetee, junior langy is supposed to be cricketing everyday but if the weather is anything like last year I could well get some riding in, looks a great place to bike.
    There is a pub called the Wheat sheaf and a best Western near Hayward Heath, will have a quick look at them

m1kea
    Free Member

Ardingly college is 8 mins pedalling from chez Anton.

I’m afraid I don’t have a clue about local B&B’s or camp/caravan sites, over the likes of Trip Advisor et al. I can comment on the local area and attractions though if you want to drop me a line.

Gatwick / Crawley has loads of the chain hotels if you want cheap accommodation and it’s only 15 mins drive to Ardingly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed from Southern STW for accomm just south of Crawley/East Grinstead’ is closed to new replies.