Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advice needed – best place to get Mondeo estate in good nic for less
  • tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Hi
    Before some spotty juniors smashed our forum, I asked you guys here for advice concerning an estate car with the most usable loading space. After lengthy deliberation Ford Mondeo estate seemed to be the best choice given the value for money and the running costs (i.e. cost of spares, etc).

Now the time is coming to finally get one. I do not have much money, probably 2.5k max but I hope to be able to get one in good technical condition. I know some may say that this is some sort of mission impossible type of task but let’s give it a go.

I hope for 2002-2003 model, diesel, ghia maybe, 130HP.

Where should I start looking first?

z1ppy

Autotrader/E-bay?

Supposedly the world is your oyster @ the moment, though I don’t know specifically if you can get what you want for that money.
    The was a great thread about buying 2nd had car from a trader that went on about where best to buy and how (I can’t locate the thread with crappy search they now employ)

Off-hand the best piece of advice from a dealer or trader (though I’d avoid both if possible) is to wait for the end of the month to get the best deals (cause of the monthly sale figures).

The glasses guide on the vauxhall web site seem to think you can get an estate of that age for that money as long as you expect a high mileage car (100K+)

colnagokid

try rental/ leasing companies-you might get something newer?

Joe

try Gaza-motors, they seem to be selling everything off cheap these days. The katyusha krunch and all that.

chakaping
    Free Member

I bought a petrol hatchback Mondeo, 2002 model, a couple of months ago for £2.4k. FSH and 53k miles.

That was from an independent trader, I found private sellers were being unrealistic about how quick used car prices were falling – whereas traders have generally only bought them a week or two before at auction.

Autotrader is by far the best resource I’ve found for car buying. Go and look at as many as you can, be flexible on colour and trim levels. The Zetec has all the gadgets you need.

Diesels tend to go for a bit more than petrol, but I saw a few with low-ish mileages advertised around £2500 when I was looking.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Hmm, I’m looking for a TDCi Mondeo estate meself.Currently have a 1.8 petrol 1999 model with 105K on the clock – good nick for its age BUT (Clarkson fans cover your ears) it’s struggling a bit with the recently acquired caravan! 🙁

Kit
    Free Member

Hi,

I own an 03 plate Mondeo LX estate, 2.0l TDCi 130, in pretty decent nick. 84,000miles so far. Dent in front left wing by some idiot that didn’t know how to park properly, but its been there for over two years and no sign of rust yet.

I’m after approx £3200 for it, and I live in Edinburgh. Drop me an email kitcarruthers @ hotmail.com if you’re interested.

Cheers, Kit.

(P.S. I bought mine after searching the Autotrader website for a few weeks and got it through a dealer)

peakprowler
    Free Member

I have a Renault Laguna TDI diesel estate, 2002 that I would consider selling. Its the top of the range privilege model, so is very well spec’d. It’s been very well maintained with all history on cambelt changes, suspension bushes etc & has covered 156k. A bolt on 3 bike bike rack is included & would sell for £2000. Post your email up if interested & I can send pics & full details.

snaps
    Free Member

BCA

steveh

I’m kinda looking at this at the moment too and there are some killer deals on ebay.

I saw a 55 plate hatch with 90k on go for 2700 the other week. Only an LX but that is crazy cheap. Just have a good look around on ebay and see what floats your boat.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Theres so many Volvo bargains on ebay right now, im meant you can get a V70R for less than 3k – madness.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

I was thinking about Volvo as well and to be honest that was my first choice but I am scared of a cost of spares should something go wrong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed – best place to get Mondeo estate in good nic for less’ is closed to new replies.