I'm calling on the hive mind of STW for some advice...
Parties involved - Me (Tenant), Reeds Rains (Letting Agency), myDeposit (deposit people), Landlord
Long story short(ish!):
1. Moved into property in March 2011, deposit goes to myDeposit via letting agency
2. Got tired of the Landlord not fixing anything in the house (leaks, damp, etc).
3. Handed in notice of termination in July 2013
4. Moved out of the property in August 2013 - a "checkout" agent reviews the property (on behalf of the landlord), and gives the Letting Agency a copy of the paperwork to send to us and landlord.
5. We receive paperwork (checkout report) in the post, sign it, and return it (October 2013)
6. Letting Agency have rung their "client" about 20 times (even spoken to his wife on occasion), and sent him 3 recorded letters - asking to review, sign and return the checkout paperwork so I can get the deposit back.
7. Today (Nov 2013) - I receive a phone call from the Letting Agency saying they can't get hold of their client, and the time for raising disputes with MyDeposit has expired....
I phone MyDeposit, who pretty much tell me to do one (times expired) despite explaining how everything from both sides (landlord vs. me) went through Reeds Rains, and I had no idea they couldn't get in contact with their own client - advised me to speak to CAB and start legal proceedings....
Sorry, it was a bit longer than I thought ^^
Would I have a leg to stand on, if I were to go through the courts? I've done everything by the book my end, but the landlord has done absolutely nothing.