Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice from wheels builders who've used Hope BULB spidered hubs
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Hi,
    Anyone built with Bulb hubs that use the spider rather than the 6 bolt standard? Just wondering if the spoke lengths come out any different between the two or if the flange dimensions etc are the same.

Basically, if I take apart a spidered wheel, will the spokes be the right size to build back up into the 6 bolt version?

Cheers.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dont know, but Ive always thought you were best off using new spokes for a new wheel build.

There only about £14 or so for a wheels worth

Onzadog
    Free Member

double tap

Onzadog
    Free Member

The reason I ask is because I'm getting some Hope Hoops but I want to swap the rims and spokes over onto my old Bulb hubs with spiders as i already have discs and they come with a lovely Ti freehub body. Just wondering if the spokes will go over or if they need a different length. I'm just trying to compare the hubs on the Dt and wheelpro spoke calculators. They both list a BULB hub but make no distinction between spidered or 6 bolt version (if that makes sense)

joolsburger
    Free Member

Cant you just remove 1 drive and 1 non drive side spoke and check? I'd measure up but only my front bulb hub is splined the rear is 6 bolt.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I guess I could measure up a pair but wondered if anyone knew.

mboy
    Free Member

iirc, the original Hope BULB's with the spider for the disc rotors, and the newer ones with 6 bolt IS disc fitment, have different sized flanges, so require subtly different spoke lengths… Sadly…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice from wheels builders who've used Hope BULB spidered hubs’ is closed to new replies.