Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Advice for bike for 5 year old.
  • shredder
    Free Member

Daughter about to turn 5. Have looked at the islabikes and liked the CNOC16 but to the size guide would be too small for her. The next up is the BEINN 20 small, which is geared (dont want) and over budget.

Can anybody advise of anything else/other manufacturer which is better than the normal pig iron offerings.

Many thanks
    Rich

Clink

We might be selling our BEINN 20 – its done 2 daughters so few scratches etc but otherwise fine. A mate has got first refusal but let me know if you are interested.

shredder
    Free Member

Hi Clink could well be interested, couple of questions though is it capable of taking stabalisers, as not at the without stage yet. And also is it the BEINN 20 SMALL ?

Daughters birthday approaches 11th April so need to get something sorted soon.

Many thanks
    Rich

acjim
    Free Member

Tough one as most of the main manufacturers seem to offer gears, nasty suspension and other stuff you probably don’t want.

What about a small bmx, or suck up the cost of the BEINN and SS it (if possible) until your lass wants to go with gears?

by the way, there’s currently a cnoc 16 on ebay in case you fancied that as a cheaper interim?

Clink

Rich – I don’t know which one it is 😳
    I will measure it in a bit. Stabilisers – not sure – both daughters learnt to ride on a smaller bike – I’ll get some basic pics sorted

Jase
    Free Member

The 16″ wheeled spesh models are SS AFAIK

I bought my 5 yo daughter a 20″ Hot rock 6 months ago and Its still way too big for her.

scaredypants

Gears are no problem, just rig em to only work on 1 (or 2 or 3) of the bigger cogs on the cassette

Until I got a “proper” bike for the 9 yr old recently, my two both used bikes picked up from the local tip for a fiver

:burberry:

Clink

Measured at 10″ seat tube – it is well used – would scrub up fine, but definately not new! My 6 yo has just gone up to her older sisters Beinn 24. Can do pics tomorrow.

geoffj

I’ve got a ss 18″ wheeled bike taking up valuable garage space at the moment. Look at my free add in the classifieds. Needs a couple of gyres, but yours for the price of postage if it’s any use. Or free collection / delivery to edinburgh. Stw @ mtbperthshire.co. UK.
    Geoff

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks everyone will do some checking as I think she is between 16 and 20″ wheels.

So will reply to people tmrw.

Many thanks
    Rich

macondo
    Free Member

Clink – can I have third dibs on the beinn 20 please?

Andrew

MoreCashThanDash

We’re looking at a Ridgeback MX16 for our 5 year old – SS, rigid. It will be slightly small for him but will be his first non-stabiliser bike, we’ve sat him on a couple of 20″ wheel bikes but he is too stretched to be comfy and – more importantly – confident

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Advice for bike for 5 year old.’ is closed to new replies.