Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • advice for an ebay novice
  • MartynS

Bought and paid for something last Sunday 16th
    shipping on the advert said normally within 48 hours of payment, however delivery stated Monday or Tuesday 24/25th
    the status has now changed to Thursday/Friday 27/28th delivery
    I’ve messaged to ask when shipping might happen but no reply (its been days)
    I wonder if the seller is beginning to dick me around? I might be very impatient..
    how long is it reasonable to wait before opening a dispute bearing in mind I’ve tried to communicate and not heard anything back, and the delivery date has changed now

the guy has 100% feedback with lots of mentions of good comms.

guess i’m just annoyed i paid up quickly and he cant be arsed to even message me to say “bit busy, will get to post office as soon as”

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve messaged to ask when shipping might happen

Erm…my guess would be…!

Northwind

EBay seem to give you a higher seller rating if you say you’ll post faster- which I’m sure will encourage people to over promise. And, well, things get in the way. I reckon you have to take into account that these are mostly not shops or professionals, sure they should post on time but with the best will in the world, it won’t always happen. Definitely not a sign of a problem at least but it is frustrating.

(I sell tons on ebay… When I miss a post date, I do tell people but weirdly the only delivery time complains I ever have, are when the item arrives within the expected window but they’re pissed off because they inexplicably thought “dispatch in 2 days” means “received in 2 days”. Nobody who gets their items late for whatever reason, has ever complained :?. Oh, and the people who pay late or have bad address details are always surprised that a 2 day delay in payment means a 2 day delay in receipt, too)

MartynS

I’ve messaged to ask when shipping might happen

Erm…my guess would be…!

sorry messaged before that changed.
    i’m bothered that (a) its changed with no communication despite me asking and (b) its changed once, will it change again.

Northwind
    I agree, and understand that its a personal sale and life gets in the way. How hard is it to message to say “Busy, will get to PO as soon as..”
    when I sell stuff I manage it..

I’ll wait it out. if the status changes again without comms or it doesn’t turn up next week I’ll cancel the purchase..’

PePPeR

He is communicating, but in an eBay way.

By changing the expected delivery status he is letting you know what’s happening.

Don’t fret it too much, does anyone remember the 28 days we all used to have to wait, before eBay came along?

Northwind

PePPer’s right enough there. I wouldn’t use that as sole communication myself but then I am a pre-internet person, I guess a lot of people would consider it normal.

Alphabet

I sell lots on eBay and have had this happen to customers even after I’ve dispatched the goods and marked the item as dispatched. I havent knowingly changed anything in eBay to change the expected delivery date. So he/she may have sent your item already. However there is no excuse for not communicating with a customer when you’re selling something. It takes seconds to fire off an email. I’d send a second message via eBay messaging and if he/she doesn’t respond within 24 hours then raise a dispute.

Good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘advice for an ebay novice’ is closed to new replies.