• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • advice for a £1100 max budget for a new xc/trail bike
  • pauloz
    Free Member

I have £1000 to spend possibly more if its really worth it. I am getting into trail riding and jumps. i weigh 89kilos and am 5,10 – (muscle not fat)

im looking for a mountain bike that will last

go for it…

many thanks

stuarty
    Free Member

2012 lappiere x control 310 were going for less than 900quid in chain reaction last saterday when i was in lucky i didnt have bank card with me

Cracking bike an a light little bugger

Jumps mmm
    You could build a nukeproof snap cheap enuff at the expense of longer trails

br
    Free Member

Halfords have some good deals on the Voodoo’s (with RS forks). Or On-One 456’s?

loum
    Free Member

Jumps mmm
    You could build a nukeproof snap cheap enuff at the expense of longer trails

Good shout.
    This looks a good build for a good price.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=75660

teef
    Free Member

Save some more money

dantsw13

There was a 54 mile old boardman FS pro on the classifieds for 1000 this morning – £1500 new, so a great bike and a great price.

acidchunks

Halfords have some good deals on the Voodoo’s (with RS forks). Or On-One 456’s?

I ride a 18″ Wanga and love the crap out of it. The RS revelation that comes with it is AWESOME and the rest of the bike is pretty damn sweet as well. Comes with an almost full XT groupset with exception of brakes and cranks…

Usually take it round trail centres but have ridden it on a few longer xc rides….suffers a bit with the super tacky minions that come with it as they just don’t roll well unless pointed down a hill. I suck at jumps though so can’t really comment on how it feels in the air.

nwill1
    Free Member

I’d go second hand, you need to be careful to make sure you get a good one but there are genuinely some bargains out there at that price range!!

Take this Cove Stiffee for example…

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1156126/

Knock the guy down £50 and if the money was burning a hole in your pocket, make a couple of upgrades, not as though you’d need too!!

stuarty
    Free Member

You do know the snap frames are 199.99 – 249.99
    Thats a lot left for a hell of a build

nwill1
    Free Member

A guy on here sold this too…not sure he even rode the thing, was asking like £900 or £1000 or something…. Bargain!!!

kimbers
    stuarty
    Free Member

Any giant ……..he he he

pauloz
    Free Member

ive upped my price tag slightly and have found the specilized camber comp fs. anyone got any experience of this bike? £1200 from jejamescycles.co.uk, have looked at the snap complete build at CRC only £938 now.

my problem is i built a nukeproof styled bike (bright yellow) all new parts shimano deore etc and it was nicked within a week! thankfully it was insured so gonna use the £800 i get from that and add my next pay cheque to that total…

NormalMan

I have also been looking for feedback on the Camber too – I am thinking of one as my first FS bike. Torn between Comp and Elite model’s too.

Keep us posted if you get one.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

You should definitely consider a Trek Fuel EX…

On a totally unrelated note; http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trek-fuel-ex-8-2011-185-black-vgc-full-bike-oxfordshire-reduced

DrP

Just been into Freeborn bikes in horsham – they’ve a lovely devinci AM type bike in there, in your size, for about £1100.
    It’s an ex demo, but dripping in XO gear for what I saw….

DrP

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘advice for a £1100 max budget for a new xc/trail bike’ is closed to new replies.