Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Advice – Child not sleeping through night!!
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Wife gave her loads of attention and a warm bath etc and put her to bed…

Making progress – worked out that I’ve put her to bed about 50-60 time in the last 50 minutes and now she is just crying behind her door rather than coming out…

Just got to keep her in bed now…

Slowly slowly catchy monkey or should that be slowly slowly sleepy monkey!!! 😆

IHN

Keep in there fella, chin up…

Stoner
    Free Member

now she is just crying behind her door rather than coming out…

bad, bad man. 👿

how do you feel now?
    🙂

Bushwacked
    Free Member

1 hour 20 minutes and I still haven’t been brought a glass of wine by my wife!!! I feel annoyed as I’ve not been able to leave my post!

B

CraigNicholson
    Free Member

Crying behind the door and not coming out is a step toward her independantly going to bed. It’s hard and you’ll feel like crap but ignoring her will mean she gets bored and repeating the back to bed routing will show her you are the boss not her.

Just keep it up mate however hard it is and remember – no sleep doing this is better than no sleep and not making progress.

She is too young to undertand reasoning properly so explaining gets you no where. Keep on with the routing, bath, drink, bed and putting her backinwhen she wakes.

You WILL get there I promise. My sister is a child pshycologist – that’s where I got this from. It REALLY works.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Seems that most of the suggestions hint at limiting the attention the child gets and hard work, which tbh has worked for my family. We have (Other than the usual changes like holidays and illness) had 7pm to 6.30am since both kids were 6wks old. I put this down to bloody good advice from the midwife, bloody mindedness from me and my wife (If you arent both 100% it undermines everything) and luck.

One other thing we make a rule is that unless its for a damned good reason, there are no changes to bed at 7pm. Doesnt matter if its their birthday, whatever, 7pm is the time they go to bed. I have seen me ask his friends to go home or our friends to leave as they have their kids with them because i know the disruption it causes. The benefit is we always have a calm bed time. My 20mth old daughter walks herself upto her bed, climbs in, gets a kiss goodnight and goes to sleep herself with a smile on her face.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Just woken up and no interuption overnight.

Took about 1.45 to get her to sleep. Finally managed it by standing by her door and putting her back in bed everytime her feet hit the floor. Then when she stopped getting out of bed I litterally just poked my head round the door, at increasing intervals (first 10sec, then 20secs then 40 secs then minute, etc) and she was off!!!

Not going to count my chickens just yet and will see what happens tonight – although I’m hopefully going out for a pint so I may not be as consistent as I hope if she wakes in the middle of the night!!!!

IHN

Good effort fella. Best of luck for tonight.

freddyg
    Free Member

Well done!

Me and MrsG had a team talk about our plan of attack with MasterG. However, the little bugger slept through anyway!! Result! He must have heard us.

beaker

Well done Bushwacked! Good luck tonight!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Well its only taken 40 mins to get older daughter to sleep tonight Result!!!

But made the mistake of putting her to bed at the same time as the younger daugther and now trained younger daughter that crying keeps me coming in the room even if it is only to put older daughter back to bed!!!!

B

epicyclo

It’s ok, they stop doing this by the time they hit their teens.

Been through this with 2 children, other 2 were saints. Tried all the tricks. Selective neglect seems to be most effective, although for a period I was an advocate for post-natal abortions.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Update on this – through the use of a reward chart she is now back to sleeping through the night from 7.30pm until 7.30am…

Thanks for the advice and support – its all good now!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Advice – Child not sleeping through night!!’ is closed to new replies.