Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • advice
  • merri1975
    Free Member

hi guys new to the forum and only 14 months into riding mtb. i was wondering if you could give me some advice i currently own a whyte 801 2014 and i am looking at upgrading i have 3 options that are appealing to me at the moment, i want to keep it to hard tails less things to go wrong

on one 650b
    orange crush 2015
    whyte 900 series 2014/15

my fourth option is to keep the whyte and upgrade the forks but i am guessing i can only put 120mm of travel on the frame

any advice would be great i have just entered my first enduro event so i am thinking the whyte will probably fall to bits with the current fork that is on

cheers people

wordnumb
    Free Member

What fork is on there as stock?

120mm is enough for a lot of things, but I’d never guess the frame tolerance when it can be looked up.

merri1975
    Free Member

the suntour xcr lo r fork at present 100mm

cheers for the reply i have looked online for the frame tolerance but can’t find any info and of course whyte will only say it will only take what it comes with, i don’t want to put to much travel on as i am guessing it will make the bike handle a lot worse

merri1975
    Free Member

Hi guys I think I have decided to upgrade the whole bike but I am stuck between 2 the new ragley Marley or the on-one 45650b
    Any info would be great

Cheers Matt

v666ern
    Free Member

all i know is the 456 is designed to take 4,5,6 inches of travel fork…use the search above lots of threads on them 🙂

devash
    Free Member

You should be able to put a 120mm fork on your current bike. As far as I’m aware they’re more or less the same frame as the 900 series which come with 120mm forks.

merri1975
    Free Member

just wondering about the price of a new decent fork against the price of a new bike need to stop thinking and just make a decision

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘advice’ is closed to new replies.