Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Advertised at one price, now trying to tell me it’s gone up 60%!
  • Daffy

What rights do I have in these situations?

I ordered a part 2 weeks ago and e-mailed them yesterday to ask where it was, I got told today that it’s out of stock and that the price has gone up by 60%…do I still want it?

What can I do here?…anything?

BillOddie

They don’t have to fullfil the order.

MrAgreeable

If it’s on a website then no, it’s just considered an “invitation to treat” rather than contractually binding.

duckman

Name and shame please, I wouldn’t buy from somebody that did this. Care to bet they had plenty when you ordered as well?

Daffy

Gutted – I sold my old one of these based on the price of it’s replacement.

Buggers!

Daffy

It was Bikedock, no accomodation whatsoever.

The price for a CK front hub was £109, they now want £176.11.

Lost my business forever.

thomthumb
    Free Member

have they taken the money?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Old stock was probably bought when the £-$ was more favourable… new ones are being bought at the current exchange rate, can’t see why they should sell it to you at a loss?

If they haven’t changed the price on the website since contacting you then I would be pissed off with them, but I can’t be arsed to check myself 😉

retro83
    Free Member

Would have been ok if they’d called you straight away and apologised, but two weeks later and you had to chase them up for it? Thats crap.

Anthony
    Free Member

Try Bikesappart in Glasgow (Sp?) Front’s are £117.

BoardinBob

Try Bikesappart in Glasgow (Sp?) Front’s are £117.

Hmm.

Never heard of them before so I thought I’d google them

http://www.bikesapart.com/

who also appear to be

http://www.freeflowbikes.com/

and also appear to be

http://www.glasgowcycles.co.uk/index.html

And the sign on their actual shop says Craig McMartin Cycles 😆

I think they really need to focus on one name. They told someone from here that they want to be bigger than CRC 😆

Brycey
    Free Member

It’s not as complicated as it first appears:

Craig McMartin Cycles – the shop
    Bikesapart – the online shop
    Freeflow Bikes – second online shop (their Internet provider created major problems during set-up, so they set up another site to keep trading)
    Glasgow Cycles – website that covers shop, club, forum etc

Good guys who will always help if they can.

ChrisS
    Free Member

It’s only a front hub, hardly the most technically complex bit of kit, other (cheaper) makes are available.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, you can always etch ‘Chris King’ into a cheap one with a compass. No-one will ever know.

uplink
    Free Member
    fbk
    Free Member

Oops!

Completely unrelated but, have you posted my wheel yet – don’t tell me you’re out of stock now 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

That is a lot of names! They are good guys to deal with IME.

Northwind

“Good guys who will always help if they can.”

One of the best shops I’ve ever dealt with actually, though they’ve asked me not to say what they did for me which was so cool as other people might ask for the same :mrgreen: But highly recommended. Tiny wee shop absolutely rammed to the rafters with shiny toys. too.

BoardinBob

Yeah, very good shop that actually carries a lot of stock which is rare for an LBS

Daffy

Neil – Yes i have mate. Should be with you tomorrow.

duckman

Mates have used them and speak highly of them.

Daffy

That (and price obviously) was why I went for them over JeJames and Cyclesurgery, but a two week wait with no info, follwed by an increse in price of almost £70 and absolutely no interest in making any kind of concilliatory gesture.

What else can I say? How would you feel?

Raouligan
    Free Member

So you want dirt cheap and great customer service?

It’s only a bike part why not just pay more and get it somewhere nice wher you can talk to th epeople, or just deal with th efact that online discounters are often a pain in the arse to deal with.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve looked at a price for J E James or RCR to find the item out of stock or for the offer to apply to xxmahoosive in yellow.

Horse for course really, worst case scenario you have to save a bit longer for something you really want, not a bad thing surely annoying, but worth it in the long run.

fbk
    Free Member

Daffy – apparently it has arrived this morning.

Haven’t been home yet so haven’t had a look but top posting service mate.

Cheers

shoefiti
    Free Member

Hang on the exchange rate was 212 at highest – mostly around the 195 region last year – today it’s 162 that’s only 20% lower although it was lower for a while so if they are going to play the exchange rate card then i’d say no to that deal and hang on a little longer till it’s about 170.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Bikedock were really good last time I bought something. They did not have it in stock though!! Despite it saying so.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Advertised at one price, now trying to tell me it’s gone up 60%!’ is closed to new replies.