Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Advert on 4od addressed me by name
  • silverneedle
    Free Member

Watching the island just now and had a spine chilling moment when zoned out during the adverts then a ronseal ad addressed me by my name. That was completely unexpected and very creepy. You who read this are lucky as you now have had some warning.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Is your name James? It says James every time.

silverneedle
    Free Member

Ahh Phew thats a relief, thought it knew it because 4od has to be signed in to to watch. Another funny thing is my fences do need painting 🙂 Thought the future was here already.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    convert

You didn’t put your real name into 4od did you? If I got an advert calling me what I typed in I might just wet myself!

I always put daft names into these things – handy when you want to know which shyster firm has sold your details on. I got a call once from an Asian gentleman wanting to know if Mr Loveflaps was available and if I minded if he called me Cunny. Made my day.

silverneedle
    Free Member

To be honest i cant remember if i used my real name it was so long ago i registered. As P-jay says it says James every time. good tip there about using random names. Just thoght maybe that ronseal add was contrived to have this effect to get some stealth forum marketing from people called James. Damm you ronseal my every move is being watched and controlled by you. Now where is that tin foil.

Rio

It says James every time

Sure about that? Channel 4 launches world’s first audio personalised TV ads

James Smith, Ronseal’s marketing director, said: “This new technology provides us with the ideal platform to get personal so we can motivate people to finally get on with their DIY

silverneedle
    Free Member

If thats the case its bloody creepy and i want it to stop. Cuprinol it is then P jay being clever there having looked at my stw forum profile.

Rio

Either creepy or not thought through. I signed up using the cat’s name. If it motivates the cat to go out and paint the fence then I’m happy.

binners

[video]https://youtu.be/ylgV8OyTIFg[/video]

LeeW

Your real name isn’t Ron Seal is it?

antigee

Rio – Member
    It says James every time
    Sure about that? Channel 4 launches world’s first audio personalised TV ads

James Smith, Ronseal’s marketing director, said: “This new technology provides us with the ideal platform to get personal so we can motivate people to finally get on with their DIY

I can picture the demo’ now – “that’s fantastic it does show my name….now where do we sign up” (said James)

martinhutch

It’s coming…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXJ_obaiYQ[/video]

Funnily enough, I’m sure I’ve read recently about ideas for pre-crime policing via algorithm…

kayak23

Weird story James.

martinhutch

his new technology provides us with the ideal platform to get personal so we can motivate people to finally get on with their DIY

All they need to do now is automatically analyse your house from Google streetview to make disparaging comments about the state of your lawn and fence.

Bit like a computerised version of STW.

silverneedle
    Free Member

The laughs from these replies have dissipated the small unpleasant surprise many time over cheers

edlong
    Free Member

A few years ago my mate’s girlfriend was convinced that one of the new channels that had appeared on his telly was customised based on his viewing habits. To be fair, he did like re-runs of Top Gear and QI, and he is called Dave.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Advert on 4od addressed me by name’ is closed to new replies.