Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • high roller front,crossmark rear good combo?
  • c9tln
    Free Member

anyone any experience of the above combo for general riding? maybe on ss, cheers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it is ok on the SS for the rear but it is not at all grippy in mud. It is hard wearing and fairly fast rolling so if most of your riding is hard packed , meatlized , rock , road it works well as a rear. If you are in moorland mud or other mud I would get something different – when you stand up you will spin
    No knowledge of the front one

peath
    Free Member

I run a high roller on the front and crossmark on the rear in the summer and a high roller front and rear in the winter… Perfect! (It’s not too muddy around my neck of the woods though…)

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I run a mix of Crossmark rear / Advantage front. Works really well in dry and soft condition but, as said above, spins and clogs with mud easily.

Advantage is a cracking fit-and-forget tyre. Nuch more predictable than High Rollers and rolls better too (in my experience). I’d consider a 62a for the front and swap between one for the rear and a Crossmark, depending on dryness. I run a 70a on the rear ‘cos it lasts longer.

cheese@4p

Ive had that combination throughout this year and been happy with it. Had high rollers both ends before that but found it lacked grip for climbing and quite draggy so the Xmark on the back was better as a compromise. Having said that we have had a dry year so far and I will probably be going over to mud tyres soon.

c9tln
    Free Member

cheers,might just wait for the dry weather before putting them on then,gets pretty dam wet in yorkshire!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘high roller front,crossmark rear good combo?’ is closed to new replies.