Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ADSL – who's not rubbish?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve been with Nildram for 8+ years, but since being taken over by Opal, evening speeds are all but unusable, and daytime is getting worse. Can anyone recommend a good provider? I’m not after a bargain basement “freebie” type service…happy to pay for good, reliable throughput for streaming, gaming and a bit of downloading (nothing huge though), plus I work from home so reliability is important. Cheers!

starsh78
    Free Member

I have BT. bit pricey but generally good

Tiger6791

This one again…..

Zen
    http://www.zen.co.uk/

that is all

jonk

Zen OR BE

pedalhead
    Free Member

Zen always used to be highly regarded, good to see they still are. Are you with them? If so, any idea what kind of evening throughput you’re getting? Cheers.

pedalhead
    Free Member

sadly, BE aren’t at my exchange

GrahamS

Zen.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Ok this is looking fairly conclusive so far :-). I remember Zen and Nildram being the two main top performers back in the day. Good to see that at least one of them is still there. Rolling 1 month contract so nothing to lose really…

Tiger6791

Are you with them?

Got an 8meg home package at home ’tis good. I’ve never noticed it and that works for me, mainly stream stuff, never hangs.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

+1 for Zen. Not cheap, but reliable. I watch i-Player regularly through my TV and have no issues what-so-ever. Streaming movies on Love Film? Absolutely fine. Don’t game though

Cougar

Standard advice,

Go to http://www.samknows.com, put in your details, choose an LLU provider.

Zen are good, I used to use them but left to go LLU (went with Sky with the TV package and Zen couldn’t compete).

Make sure your internal wiring is in order.

pedalhead
    Free Member

no LLU on my exchange 🙁 . Have just requested a MAC code from Nildram. Gonna call Zen now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ADSL – who's not rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.