Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Ads that are currently annoying the crap out of me. Nos. 1 to 3.
  • GrahamS

Freeview won't be getting it anytime soon

Bugger. Oh well I'll just keep using the Wii iPlayer channel instead 🙂

Bunnyhop

Ooh I'll look out for you Shibboleth. Just remembered I don't watch ITV.

I love the new trailer for the BBC – 2010 Olympic winter games, classy.

AndyP
    Free Member

Go and Compare
    that f*cking meerkat one. Simple…squeak does not advertising brilliance make.

and

anything which tries to convince birds that they should have a nice yoghurt, rather than going for a crap.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That reminds me that one for the 'stool softener'.

Utter utter poop

jimmy

Mute ads and do pressups while they are on – used to work for me – till I got lazy and now I just mute all ads.

thats a great idea. lets see if it works…

what about envirofone? Want cash for your old mobile? Just pop it in the post and we'll send you up to £150.

Yeah if I go buy an iPhone for £300, stick it straight in an envelope and post it, you might give me £150. Otherwise we're talking enough for a pint at best, right?

AndyP
    Free Member

Yeah if I go buy an iPhone for £300, stick it straight in an envelope and post it, you might give me £150. Otherwise we're talking enough for a pint at best, right?

depends how much a pint costs down your local. I get fairly bogstandard Nokias and they usually send me in the region of £50 back each time.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Any advert that's clearly been filmed abroad and then re-dubbed with English language or accents. The one for Halls cold sweets (on an aeroplane) is particularly annoying.

I got 40 quid for a really knackered Nokia that a tennant left behind down the back of the sofa… What on earth do they do with them???

oldgit
    Free Member

Go compare.
    Why and what is he cheating when he exposes his socks? I don't get that.
    Plus there is a very annoying extra in that ad…look at me da de daaa look at me da da daaa look at me look at me look at me da de daaaa

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Plus there is a very annoying extra in that ad…look at me da de daaa look at me da da daaa look at me look at me look at me da de daaaa

But the really really really hot brunette in that advert more than makes up for the annoying extra…

oldgit
    Free Member

I'll never know. You know when someone says don't look into the light but you do, well that's what that extra is like…. a bright beaming turd.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I mean the one with the speaking part that asks the teacher if he's cheating… Mmmmm.

jojoA1
    Free Member

The kids have picked up my disdain for adverts and refer to Activia yoghurt as "the yoghurt that gives you the craps".

I hate Tena Lady adverts too. "Yippeee!!! I piss myself, but it's ok cos I have Tena Lady!!!"

jimmy

I get fairly bogstandard Nokias and they usually send me in the region of £50 back each time.

cripes, i take it all back.

What on earth do they do with them???

Send them to Sudan to be burned in the desert and claim £100 from the government in WEEE credits. Maybe.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hate Tena Lady adverts too. "Yippeee!!! I piss myself, but it's ok cos I have Tena Lady!!!"

Much like that ad with the "ladies who lunch" discussing their bowel movements…

No win no fee ads are shocking…

I was given the wrong sort of ladder

No, you used the wrong sort of ladder. It's your fault you moronic fcktard.

Pook

the blonde in the brown dress?

chimptastic
    Free Member

Natwest – totally agree. It's like they're pretending they have nowt to do with RBS and are your friendly bank.

And the one advertising the Ocean Finance TV channel. WTF people walking round with ? marks on their head.

nickc

You guys watch far too much TV….

iDave
    Free Member

when the Go Phucking Compare ad comes on my kids looked worried at the bile and hatred their otherwise calm and placid father exudes

R979
    Free Member
    hamishthecat
    Free Member

Anything with active liposomes in it.

Sandwich

Beauty products with made up names, boswellox anyone?

UncleFred
    Free Member

WTF the is the new Astra Ad about…..? I hate ad's that don't bare any relation to what they are actually for. So that's all perfume ad's then.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Cant beleive it has taken this long before someone has mentioned Go Compare, Can't watch them.

AndyP
    Free Member

Cant beleive it has taken this long before someone has mentioned Go Compare, Can't watch them.

have you actually read the thread? 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

Beauty products with made up names, boswellox anyone?
    most products of any kind have made up names. At least boswelox has some degree of sense behind it (derived from Boswellia serrata )

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

poster adverts of callmedave.

tonyg2003

Bendaroos – for those of you with kids that watch cartoon channel or boomerang – voice over annoys the hell out of me.

jojoA1
    Free Member

"what's the first thing you notice about me…."

Hmm, I dunno, the heady aroma of ammonia and stale urine? Arrrgh!!! Tena Lady's just been on again!!!

speaker2animals

KFC – wiv tha yoof who used to be interested in eating food but now interested in preparing it. Voice over – "chicken delivered fresh everyday" print at bottom of ad – "Minimum Delivery 3 per week" Sorry which area of the country do they only have three day weeks?

Women's make up/eyelashes etc. Pay attention to the small print again and you'll usually see "images produced with aid of extensions and post production".

HTF are they allowed to get away with it?

Probably cos I'm ranting on here instead of writing to advertising standards.

AndyP
    Free Member

HTF are they allowed to get away with it?
    you've answered your own question. It's the small print on the ads which allows them to get away with it. The KFC one originally didn't have that text on it – it was introduced after complaints.

MrGreedy

Who says you can't lose weight *and* enjoy yourself?

Bobby Sands?

Ouch! Definitely need an updated version of TTBCIA, Brooker is a blessed antidote to the torrent of dross.

(from R979's link)

ziggy
    Free Member

I want to do a poo at Paul's house…

Not even sure what it's advertising, either way it makes me want to chew my own arms off.

FuzzyWuzzy

Gocompare is the most annoying series of adverts I've seen in ages, I have to race to turn over before the fat ass starts singing. I wouldn't touch their web-site with a barge-pole in protest, get that s**t off my TV :p

Other than that "we buy your gold for half its value" ads and "we loan chavs money at high interest rates" ads are annoying.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Whilst watching Sky News with Eamonn Holmes, they show an add advertising the same program WTF! Pointless I'm already watching DOH!

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah but on the other hand, you have the specsavers ones which are improving every since that crofter sheared his dog… I paused whilst fast forwarding through adverts the other day to check out that new crop circles one. And there's also a new Barclays instant pay one with a rollercoaster this time instead of a waterslide 🙂

Helios
    Free Member

1961Bikie – Member

KFC – wiv tha yoof who used to be interested in eating food but now interested in preparing it. Voice over – "chicken delivered fresh everyday" print at bottom of ad – "Minimum Delivery 3 per week" Sorry which area of the country do they only have three day weeks?

+1

I can't get over the fact that it isn't meant to be ironic when the kid goes on about "this is what it's all about" and "sure it takes more effort, but it's worth it" as he bashes two 'chicken' legs together in flour then puts a cherry tomoato on top of a piece of lettuce…

Effort? Sweet mother of ****

schrickvr6
    Free Member

MAAAADBID .com

Buy a brand new car for £150 or something daft, ok it was a Fiat but at least make it slightly believable.

And that Don Beech ****t off The Bill…How do we get people to trust us? Yeah let's get that bloke that eveyone can only remember for playing a bent copper….That'll do it.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Ads that are currently annoying the crap out of me. Nos. 1 to 3.’ is closed to new replies.