Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • adobe pricing question
  • Pook

If I get Photoshop and premiere elements student version using my wife’s job as the reason, at £85, will that be a one off payment or does that just buy me a subscription?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sub prices are generally less I pay less than a 1/4 of that monthly for the full commercial versions, but sorry to say but you need to read the T&C’s if you want to make sure.

Pook

I don’t use any of the packages nearly enough to subscribe. Seems like adobe are shooting themselves in the foot if people like me have to, cos we won’t.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon that is not the sub price – I pay less than the purchase price over a couple of years, what do the T&C’s say. By the sounds of it you are scamming the Educational prices anyway.

It was very, completely, openly clear when I paid that I was subscribing not paying

binners

Seems like adobe are shooting themselves in the foot if people like me have to, cos we won’t.

To be fair Pook, you’re not their target market. You’re small beer, when they’re in the process of screwing an entire industry

The subs do seem to work out cheaper. Adobe have ratcheted their prices up pretty steeply (for the CS package) over the years. I suspect, despite it looking ppretty reasonable at the moment (for a professional) once they’ve got everyone over to the subscription model, prices will sky-rocket for that too.

They’ve got a total monopoly on an entire industry. And they know it, and are acting accordingly

Pook

Scamming? If I was into scamming I’d be taking advantage of the old cs2 package and a serial code generator. As it is, and my wife will also use the package in her work, I’m not. But hey, thanks for the accusation!

And regardless – the education licences can be used on personal computers if the purchaser is educational staff according to adobe.

Haven’t yet got as far as the Ts and Cs as I much prefer to come and ask for a character assassination on STW first.

Cheers binners

TPTcruiser

Is it a CS6 version? You can still buy those, we are Creative Cloud agnostics in the office.

Pook

Elements.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘adobe pricing question’ is closed to new replies.