Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Adobe Photography Plan
  • timwillows
    Free Member

£6.98 / month offer for a year, expires tonight – worth it?

revs1972
    Free Member

Just had a look at that as I was looking for photo editing software for my mac book.
    So am I reading it right ? You get Lightroom and Photoshop for £6.98 a month.
    Are these full versions with no restrictions ? Can you use them offline or is it all linked into the cloud and you can only use it “online”

butcher

Got to be a catch for that price? Sounds a bargain. Mind you, a lot more people would pay for it if it was reasonably priced.

timwillows
    Free Member

Full versions with all the web extras and mobile linked apps, downside is its only a year, then the price jumps and you are auto committed unless you cancel before the due date.
    Both work offline

timwillows
    Free Member

£84 for first year, £168+ by end of year two…. it just keeps climbing, the joy of rented software

nickdavies

its not really an offer, it’s been on special like that for ages, I’ve had it I’m sure it’s renewed at least once possibly twice at the same price. I’d bet money on it still being around for a lot longer, as its pulling in a lot of people who won’t splash the full price and would probably use the hookie version otherwise. Could be wrong though…

But yes I think it’s very good for the money works offline happily just needs a connection every 28 days to remain active. You always have the current version too, and it’s a pint a month if you live in a city!

timwillows
    Free Member

Oh yea, it expired and was miraculously reborn the next day….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

timwillows – Member
    £84 for first year, £168+ by end of year two…. it just keeps climbing, the joy of rented software

It depends on how and what you use, you either buy a version out right and that is it. Or buy maintained where you pay a fee per year to keep updated with bits and bobs or the rental of a rolling upgrade.

Considering the RRP on photoshop is £6-900 the rental isn’t a bad option
    http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

binners

It depends on how and what you use, you either buy a version out right and that is it. Or buy maintained where you pay a fee per year to keep updated with bits and bobs or the rental of a rolling upgrade.

Can you still buy it outright? If so, you be able won’t be for long.

The way Adobe works, as an effective monopoly on an entire industry, you’ll be increasingly unable to do that. They add features in that make it increasingly backwards-incompatible, so as to force everyone onto the subscription model. Once they feel they’ve achieved that, expect subscription costs to sky-rocket.

As someone who bought a full version of CS6, which now won’t open CC indesign files, thus being forced onto CC, I feel like I’m effectively paying for everything twice!

Adobe are ****s!!!

Mikkel
    Free Member

I looked at it a week ago to get Lightroom, but decided as I don’t use Photoshop I would rather just buy Lightroom 6 for 102 pound and use that as long as I can.

the-muffin-man

Not sure what you need it do do, but if you are on Mac it may be worth trialing Affinity Photo – only £39.99 for the full program…

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As someone who bought a full version of CS6, which now won’t open CC indesign files, thus being forced onto CC, I feel like I’m effectively paying for everything twice!

Adobe are ****s!!!
    Not sure about Adobe but most software versions don’t easily open files created in later ones as they generally rely on features or updates that have been applied. The stuff I see has full backwards compatibility but not forwards. It’s fairly obvious, MS do things to allow some forward compatibility but most don’t.

the-muffin-man

Is used to use PageMaker and Freehand* – then those nasty developers added lots of new useful features and Apple made faster computers! It’s a conspiracy – I still want to use my Mac IIfx which I spend thousands on!

(*Freehand is still the best program of it’s type though – I really do miss it.)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Adobe Photography Plan’ is closed to new replies.