Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Adobe Illustrator question, probably simple issue & stupid user
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I’m putting a load of jpgs onto a page. They need cropping and a border adding. I’m currently creating the border (just straight lines with a bit of thickness) where I want it, duplicating it, then using the duplicate as cropping path. Is it possible to do this with one path so I can tweak the border as I try and squeeze everything in?

fisha
    Free Member

Iirc you should be able to crop the image and then add a stroke to the image. The stroke is the outside edge line that you can specify the thickness and colour off. That way the stroke of the object will auto adjust to and changes in size or crop of the object

Just re read your post, don’t think my answer is what you’re asking about. Oops.

Why have 4 lines ? Why not use a rectangle shape as the crop ?

xcgb
    Free Member

Cant you just clip them then select all and apply the black stroke line in 1 go?

zilog6128

If you make a clipping mask, select it, then click the “edit contents” button that appears on the toolbar (default is “edit clipping path”) THEN use the direct selection tool to select the edge of the clipping mask you can change its colour/width and apply effects, e.g. rounded corners etc.

(Something I only found out recently – If you click on the image or whatever is being “clipped” you can also move it around behind the clipping mask thus changing what is visible.)

You can then go back to “edit clipping path” and modify the clipping mask but it will keep its appearance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Adobe Illustrator question, probably simple issue & stupid user’ is closed to new replies.