Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Adobe CS4 Photoshop and Dreamweaver…
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Worth the upgrade… anyone here using them???

Or is it the time to move to Gimp / Opensource or get in the cloud and all that stuff!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I use PS quite a bit (teach beginners PS too!), and a bit of Dreamweaver. CS3. Haven’t used CS4 yet. Don’t see the need to, for me.

I like the fact that there is better integration between the applications now; before Adobe took over Macromedia, things were a bit fiddly. But using Flash, Illfrustrator etc as well, it all plays nice together.

GIMP is pretty basic; I’d recommend PS Elements over it, any day. You can get away with using free stuff quite a bit, but it’s nice to have the best tools for the job.

richpips
    Free Member

GIMP – I’d rather stab myself in the eye with a fork than go back to that junk.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! One of my students turned up with it on their laptop (Course requirement: PS Elements as a minimum). I’m teaching about Layers, and other PS features, and they’re wondering where all these features are…

GIMP is something for snapshot photo correction and a bit of playing around. PS is a full-on image manipulation application. Those who try to compare the two, are utterly clueless (the clue might be in the fact that one is free, and one costs £600…).

Spesh99
    Free Member

I agree that GIMP cant compare to Photoshop. As for Dreamwever im on CS4 and there are a number of small improvements over CS3 but not really enough to merit and upgrade unless you are using the WYSIWYG part of Dreamweaver where there seem to have been significant improvements in standards correct designs and when you preview code that you wrote in the design part it comes up correct whereas previous versions of Dreamweaver coding done by hand tended to render horribly in Dreamweaver.

tinribz
    Free Member

Sooner or later there will be some plugin or bridge feature you want that’s only available in CS4. Until that time why bother, sit back and let it depreciate.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’ll stick with CS3 and Dreamweaver MX2004.

Thanks chaps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Adobe CS4 Photoshop and Dreamweaver…’ is closed to new replies.