Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Admiral car insurance – Any good ?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Hi all.

They have given be a very good quote, but are they any good?
    I’ve not used them before so anyone had any experience of a claim?

Any info would be appreciated.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I am currently going through a claim with them, incident date beginning of December, to date they have been completely useless!

they are my cheapest renewal as well but I would rather pay more to never use the idiots again!

eta. The first thing they do is try and palm you off to another company to deal with everything (albany assistance), later digging and talking to others would suggest that this is so when the repair goes wrong (they want me to have my prized Toyota fixed by Vauxhall) they can wash their hands with it and refer you back to the third party company. One of my friends who also had this issue was passed from pillar to post between the two for months!

You can opt out of being dealt with the third party but then you have to suffer the outrageously useless claims people of Admiral.

This is my first claim so it’s unfair to say if its any better or any worse than other companies. I just will never use them again…. ever….ever!!!

will
    Free Member

Always the cheapest, so I always used them. Never had to claim though, thankfully.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

I made a claim (total loss from theft) and they could not have been better. Settled within 2 weeks of car being stolen.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve been with them for years, only had one claim (wheels stolen off car but came to about £2.5k in the end due to bodywork damage). They were really easy to deal with, car collected next day (I didn’t quibble with them using their preferred repair place). Only extra thing I needed to do was send in receipts for the tyres as they were only a couple of months old so they covered the full cost.
    This renewal (changed car) they’re actually a lot more expensive than other places for some reason (even with additional discount after ringing them up) so I’ll likely switch.

lilchris
    Free Member

Took 5.5 years to resolve my claim. (I got T-boned)
    The experiance that followed was similar to Pik n Mix’s.
    I’ll never use them again, no matter how cheap they are for me.

…but then I’m sure they have some very happy customers aswell.

P.S Admiral = Elephant, Bell, Diamond and Confused.com 😉

Kiril
    Free Member

I’m afraid that I’m currently having pik and Mik’s experience….and my car was hit by a fence panel flying off another vehicle….

konabunny
    Free Member

Insurance companies are all like thatthough, aren’t they?

onandon
    Free Member

Cheapest isn’t necessarily the best 🙂
    I guess the claim circumstances and complexity alter the level of service.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have flirted with Admiral but never had to claim.

Currently with Aviva they’re competitive although not the cheapest and are quite willing to haggle if you phone them up rather than clickety-click on the website.

samuri
    Free Member

I’ll only add to beware of their windscreen policy.
    I’ve just had a chip on my windscreen repaired and Admiral don’t deal with the free windscreen chip people, that cost me 25 quid. It is in the details though but I missed it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Admiral car insurance – Any good ?’ is closed to new replies.