Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Admins – back/forward navigate, whats wrong with this website?
  • cheez0
    Free Member

i have a ‘back’ button on my mouse to navigate, when i try to ‘back’ after opening a discussion, it will not go back as there seems to be loads of ‘hidden?’ pages i have to ‘back’ through..

when i go forward, i have to click loads of times to get to the point where i can go no further.

anyone else got this?

it is only happening on this site. bbc etc fine

allthepies
    Free Member

“back” works fine on here for me.

GrahamS

Back and forward work fine for me too

Though on a desktop I usually just middle-click to open threads in the background in a new tab, read them, then middle-click the tab to close it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bommer
    Free Member

just had that. Seemed to be a BT advert

cheez0
    Free Member

yep, just loaded a page with bt ad on, then the back button played up.

GrahamS

Oh right. Ads… 😕

KPHC

Had similar especially at work today, every page I visited on teh forum required about 25-30 “backs” to get to the original forum list again

treefeller
    Free Member

Yes, loads of prob’s. Get’s to the point where I just shut it down and walk away………. Bye.

druidh
    Free Member

No problem here (Win7/Chrome)

busydog
    Free Member

I’ve been having the Back issue as well, but sporadically

GrahamS

KPHC: you’re a Premier member, are you still seeing the issue with reduced ads? (assuming you have selected reduced ads)

Kinda surprised so many people use the back button – seems like a painfully slow way to surf.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps your mouse hasn’t got the button configured to go back?
    Why not open each post in a separate tab, thus never losing the overview page you originally clicked on?

cheez0
    Free Member

Kinda surprised so many people use the back button – seems like a painfully slow way to surf

oh aye, coz a lil squeeze on the mouse bottom thumb button is like, such hard work.

nealglover
    Free Member

Kinda surprised so many people use the back button – seems like a painfully slow way to surf.

Me too.

I have the forum “overview” / “bike forum” / “chat forum” set up and use them to click back to wherever I want to be after reading a thread.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s slow because you have to reload the forum index each time you are done with a thread.

nealglover
    Free Member

oh aye, coz a lil squeeze on the mouse bottom thumb button is like, such hard work.

So how’s it working out for you ?

druidh
    Free Member

A “Previous Topic / Next Topic” option would be useful

cheez0
    Free Member

great thanks.

STW specific button settings never occurred to me though.. you realise theres more to the web than STW?

http://www.lolcats.com/
    home/gallery/videos

Tom
    Free Member

button on my mouse to navigate, when i try to ‘back’ after opening a discussion, it will not go back as there seems to be loads of ‘hidden?’ pages i have to ‘back’ through

I am not aware of any recent problems. Are you having a long-standing issue? Is this any browser in particular? I know some browsers have some design problems with back buttons. I would also suggest your mouse button software may be an issue if you are using it for browsing.

It often helps to clear your cache and close your browser. Please post if you can narrow down the problem, or if you have details you can email me.

cheez0
    Free Member

I am not aware of any recent problems

well, consider yourself aware.

it’s not just me, others here are reporting the same.

my mouse software works fine with EVERY other website, games, the lot.

nealglover
    Free Member

Great thanks

Obviously not otherwise this thread wouldn’t be here would it :mrgreen:

GrahamS

It’s not the physical effort – it’s the loading speed.

Basically if you want to read 5 threads you need to wait for 9 pages to load, whereas the middle-click style means just 5 loads and I don’t wait for them cos they load in the background.

cheez0
    Free Member

22meg adsl + i7 + sata3 SSD raid0 = no wait.
    /willy wave

Haze

Hmmm, all good here.

Would prefer it if links opened in a new tab though.

druidh
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Middle button/Wheel?

Haze

Middle button/Wheel?

Possible to configure I guess, spend most of my time here on the laptop though (using the touch pad).

chvck
    Free Member

control and click

Haze

Well well, learn something new everyday eh?

Cheers chvck!

chvck
    Free Member

🙂

takisawa2

Ads are the biggest source of annoyance on here. Even on my works laptop, which is a Dell Precision for running FEA. XP pc at home often freezes on STW. Fine anywhere else, just here.

Can appreciate that without them the site wouldn’t be here, but its getting past the joke.
    Can tell its getting bad when going elsewhere seems the less annoying option.
    Sorry STW. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

There’s always Premier membership!

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

22meg adsl + i7 + sata3 SSD raid0 = no wait.
    /willy wave

Dual 100meg dsl lines, i7, raid ssd & sli. Yawn.

KPHC

Even logged into my Premier user account the issue is very much there , seems to be the following URL that just goes mad in the background, reloading and reloading so that my history shows this URL dozens of times and therefore can’t immediately revert to my previous page….tres annoying!

http://img.mediaplex.com/content/0/1994

Holyzeus
    Free Member

I’m having the same problem sporadically

bigjim

some ads crash ie 8 frequently for me (work computer)

cheez0
    Free Member

still happening, anyone doing anything about this?

richardk
    Free Member

same problem as KPHC – holding down the back button on the screen gives me a history of nothing but img.mediaplex.com/content/0/1994
    Back button doesn’t work.

Site also crashes on some networks, usualy when they are slow. Seems to be when it tries to load the adverts.

IE9 on Windows 7, probably fully patched & SPd as its a work laptop.

McHamish
    Free Member

i get that sometimes on STW

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Fine on iPad, crap on IE. Same issues, press back >10 times to do owt

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Admins – back/forward navigate, whats wrong with this website?’ is closed to new replies.