Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • Admin: Malicious Advert
  • wwaswas

Wasn’t worried about security, as plyphon says, unless you tell it to install, it won’t.

followed by:

me being a complete luddite (and there being no option for “no”) pressed ok.

now have some app, 360 Mobile Security, on my phone.

makes me wonder how many people now might be having everything they do on their phone being sent to some server in Russia/etc?

zokes
    Free Member

Well, that’s interesting… Seeing as I am on an iPhone, and therefore (I assume) pretty invulnerable to any malicious software, I let the App Store load all the way to wherever I was being hijacked to.

The answer: Candycrush bloody saga. What’s all that about then????

brokensoul
    Free Member

I just got the lovelinks pop up, again.
    Still in West Yorkshire, still on a Galaxy S3.

samuri
    Free Member

now have some app, 360 Mobile Security, on my phone.

even with this app the window still pops up.

what is going on and how do i sort my phone out? will restoring fatory settings remove any bugs?

Go to settings->apps and delete that for a start.

plyphon
    Free Member

That 360 App appears to be a “legitimate”* app – it’s in the app store which is how it worked it’s way on to your phone.

Which means it’s likely a safe app and isn’t harvesting your limbs for Russia.

360 Link to Playstore

However, that doesn’t stop the company using deceptive tactics to get you to install it in the first place, which is what is happening here I think.

* Whilst the app itself might be legit and not harbor any malicious code to skim credit cards, it may be legitimately sending data or something else about your usage or whatever for the owners to sell on or worse. I personally wouldn’t install it under any circumstances.

wwaswas

I run Lookout virus protection on my phone.

It just blocked a pop up from
    Stw and have the option not to display the message again.

For those getting the problem it might be a solution.

iolo
    Free Member

I have both an iphone and s4 .
    I have no issue with the iphone but lovelinks.us warning on chrome and android internet (whatever that is).
    I know I shpuld have stayed with IOS as I never had a problem with it.
    This S4 is bloody awful phone.

iolo
    Free Member

Is there a fix for this yet?

wwaswas

have you tried Lookout – works for me?

philbert31
    Free Member

LG g2, Android 4.2.2

Htc one,

Still keep getting the lovelink crap!

I have noticed an add that looks dodgy, it appears at the top of the page and looks like a Facebook bar but with no writing, just a flashing message icon, when I clicked on it it tells me I’ve won a free app, obviously I’ve not gone any further but could this have anything to do with the problem?

scrumfled
    Free Member

Still happening. Nexus4, kit kat.

retro83
    Free Member

iolo – Member

I have both an iphone and s4 .
    I have no issue with the iphone but lovelinks.us warning on chrome and android internet (whatever that is).
    I know I shpuld have stayed with IOS as I never had a problem with it.
    This S4 is bloody awful phone.

Sorry to spoil your moan but people are having the same issues on iOS. The problem is with the advert providers and is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the OS or browser which is simply displaying that data it is served.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Might as well add here – I’m getting an annoying “You’ve won an iPad!” pop-up (and automatic redirect).

Only happens on STW and only some of the time, so assuming it’s ad-related.

I’m in France and the message is in French.

Windows 7, Firefox.

bruneep

I dont get anything at all… on notebook, ipad or S3 phone.

CountZero

Just read this all the way through, and so far I’ve not seen any of these pop-ups, either on my pad or phone.
    However, I usually only go on here in the evening, and that’s via wifi at home. Since this issue popped up, (snigger), I’ve not had an opportunity to grab sneaky looks at STW while at work, so no idea about over phone networks.

samuri
    Free Member

back for me now. Wifi and O2.

CountZero

Just out of interest, how long do you have to be using STW before this pop-up appears? I’ve turned off wifi on the pad, and I’ve been using it for about thirty-forty minutes, and nothing has appeared yet. That’s on O2. I can’t try on 3, the signal in this part of town is almost non-existent.

bearnecessities

Mark

Are these of interest? Ones that try to install an app onto your phone?

weeksy

Ah, this thread explains a few things i’ve seen on my Nexus.

However, overall the site is completely unuseable on my Nexus anyway, “Chrome is not responding..” “wait, close, ” etc.

So so so often on Android it’s not even funny.

tn25
    Free Member

Hi,

perhaps this was the cause of the problem? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/06/yahoo_tainted_ads_malware/

wwaswas

I just saw that on bitterwallet and was looking for this thread.

I’m not sure it’s the same as that one was targeted at PC users as well?

cp

Just had a pop up blocked on my new phone. Moto g running android 4.3 with chrome.

Logged in as premier member with ads off. Still only ever have the problem on stw, never on other sites.

I didn’t follow it to investigate.

petrieboy

This has been fine for a couple of weeks for me but its started going mental again today

Phone settings

nickjb
    Free Member
    BearBack
    Free Member

Got this also.. Being served up ONLY from stw

crispyrice

Ditto… 🙁

stevomcd
    Free Member

Had a bogus “Java update required” page served-up to me today.

Still getting the “you’ve won an ipad” scam pages as well.

ONLY from STW.

milky1980
    Free Member

Had my first experience of this today on my new phone. Get a warning message flash up for a split second then the screen goes blank and the phone shuts down completely then powers up. Only happens on STW as the ads load up. Can stay on other sites for ages without a problem.

Sony Xperia SP, Android 4.1.2 using Chrome browser on O2. Doesn’t happen on the built-in browser.

kimbers

Just had this on my nexus 4 never seen anything like it on any other web page using chrome btw

petrieboy

Its back again. Same as last time (screenshot above) forum unuseable on mobile now.
    Any update from admin?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

HTC Desire S, ancient android 2.3.5, and for the first time getting the lovelink.us “you’re app store needs updating” popup. On open free hotel WiFi and never had it on home network, but only getting on STW site.

sweepy
    Free Member

Im getting a virus frightener, only on my phone and only on here.

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t get the redirects to the App Store – couldn’t Apple just ban them for their antics?

Drac

It’s not the App store or the App that cause the problem.

Edukator
    Free Member

I fell for the bogus Java update. Lots of programme deleting, remove Firefox including all personal settings, OS back to a recovery point, reinstall Firefox, all OK now. Except Chrome which is still screwed but only serves as a back-up browser. Apart from the games everyone else gets I get some specific French things saying I’ve won an i-pad. AVG sends me a warning from time to time and Malwarbytes considers the stuff automatically downloaded when I use STW to be nasty. There were about 80 STW related things to be deleted the last time I ran a scan. Watching the adresses flashing up bottom left when I open an STW page is amusing but not reassuring.

Edukator
    Free Member

I suggest admin put a sticky up warning users not to click anywhere on any window that opens automatically while using STW.

honeybadgerx

Bump as this is getting massively annoying now.

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s not the App store or the App that cause the problem.

But surely it’s only the app that would propagate an exploit to drive users to download it? Qui bono? Or have I misunderstood?

atlaz
    Free Member

But surely it’s only the app that would propagate an exploit to drive users to download it? Qui bono? Or have I misunderstood?

Or it could be the app developers have an affiliate program that someone is taking advantage of. There’s lots of poorly run affiliate programs out there where they don’t worry about fraud as long as the sales come in.

Marge
    Free Member

if it helps: I only get it visiting the classifieds section…

(previously I got it on all of the STW Forums)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘Admin: Malicious Advert’ is closed to new replies.