Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Adjusting scudo / dispatch / expert side doors – how?
  • gtkid
    Free Member

Anyone know how or if you can adjust the side doors of the above vans (pre 2007) so that the top sits in a bit flusher? I know that they sit a bit proud but one side has a small gap to the rubber seal up at roof level and you get a fair old draught coming in. Any input appreciated, thanks.

Muke
    Free Member

Ahh the old Dispatch airbrake problem. We had them as company vans for a couple of years and the only thing that worked was a ratchet strap inside pulling the two side doors together and therefore closing the gaps. Not the best of things if you need to use the side doors a lot though.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Mark with a ball point pen around the existing latch to coupling,then back off the Torx bolts and push the door in a bit in small increments.

The handle should not stick or jump(when opened) off the catch if this is done correctly,by drawing around the latch you have a reference point and can move it in or out to close the gap around the seal.

I have put a bead of silicone rubber under the seal in the past and this has also reduced wind noise. 😉

gtkid
    Free Member

Cheers GaVgAs, where are these Torx bolts of which you speak, on the door it self or where the runner goes under the roof?
    Thanks.

spooky_b329

mmmm…had months of fun trying to get the sliding door on my Iveco van to close properly.

My last attempt was the most successful, which involved taking an angle grinder to the top roller arm to shorten it by 10mm, then drilling and tapping a new bolt hole.

Still sticks out a bit and leaks like a sieve though 🙁

GaVgAs
    Free Member

gt kid,The clasp and the solid bar will need adjustment,(the bit that the door handle operates)It can take a while to sort but worth it in the end.

to get the alignment right check that the runners and other mountings are secure

There designed to be adjusted to allow for wear to the runners and bodyshop tolerences.it can be usefull to have someone inside the van to check that the seals are water tight.(hose pipe on the roof)

The Peugeot expert vans (not sure if the scudos are the same) have a metal bit that locates the front of the door,its common for them to knock out the female grommet that it sits into,it drops into the "b"pillar and can be retreived by removing the six pin central locking conection on the bottom edge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Adjusting scudo / dispatch / expert side doors – how?’ is closed to new replies.