Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Adjusting pre-inboard and outboard adjuster knob'ed BB7's (only in-board)
  • ScottishPhil
    Free Member

Just wanted to share my solution – maybe it’s been thought of already, maybe not.

When the brakes need aligning – can’t get them to engage properly or adjust them well enough away from spongey at best:

1/ Remove the cables from the calliper and loosen the calliper mounting bolts;
    2/ Dial the inboard pad adjuster until there is about 1 mm of pad showing proud of the calliper body;
    3/ Get an old cable, snip it to about 10 inches, put a cable ferrule over the cable end that goes into the lever. Pop it into the calliper, with the ferrule sitting in the cable tension adjuster barrel and connect the cable up.
    4/ Tighten the cable tension adjuster barrel until it’s tight as get-oot, wiggle the calliper, tighten the calliper bolts;
    5/ Re-attach the brakes cable, back the in-board adjuster off a bit, set the cable tension up – bob should be your uncle. Worked a treat just now.

Phil

scaredypants

Can’t work out what you’re doing here – What’s the old cut-off cable doing for you ?

I just move the inboard pad to a bit further out than where I want it to end up and then screw in the outer adjuster til it binds the disc, then do up the mount bolts and back off both sides a little bit to free the disc

ScottishPhil
    Free Member

I have the pre-outboard adjuster BB7’s (2010?). Unless there is a stealth outboard adjuster … ?

scaredypants

I think you have bb5s – ?

gears_suck
    Free Member

Must be an engineer!

singlespeedstu

BB7’s have always had pad adjusters on both sides.

stevemakin

you’ve got bb5s Phil

timbur
    Free Member

He’s on the cider again!
    I always said the SE would finish him in the end. Too far from his faux roots.

ScottishPhil
    Free Member

Ah, BB5’s. There you go. Solution is a good’n.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Adjusting pre-inboard and outboard adjuster knob'ed BB7's (only in-board)’ is closed to new replies.