Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Adjustable Seatposts
  • stumpyboy
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a adjustable seatpost.

Narrowed it down to Pure Racing KS i900 or RockShox Reverb, 380mm long version.

Anybody had any good or bad experiences? Will they fit a 2007 specialized stumpjumper due to rear shock design?

gsp1984
    Free Member

I have the reverb, bloody love it, first time with it was around Cannock at the weekend and it was great on the new black section, up down, up down, up down. No stopping and putting it down then having to ride the next section with it down until you stop to put it up again.

Does what it says on the tin, great with the remote on the bars.

I’m gonna hammer it about and see if it breaks in its first year whilst under warranty.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Joplin 3R and really like it.

Northwind

I’ve got a KS, it gave me a lot of trouble at first- didn’t work properly out of the box and needed 2 warranty returns to singletrack’s favourite online retailer to get it working. But once that was done, I have to say it’s been great. Just getting a little sticky now but that’s about 6 months of constant use without any bother.

james
    Free Member

I’m curious as to how you’ve narrowed it down to an i900 over an i950, when an i950 is lighter, is better sealed, has a better clamp, has a 6″ drop option and when you’re also considering a reverb, the extra ££ between them can’t be that high up your priorities?

I’ve got a KS i900r. It no longer works properly. Its out of warranty. Before it stopped staying down, the side-to-side and fore-aft play was getting pretty unbearable (apparantly the ‘no-slop’ system is/was patented .. )

chakaping
    Free Member

Had both, reverb is miles better (so far).

batfink
    Free Member

I’ve just wrestled with the same choice…. and went for the Reverb. There seems to be an equal amount of “mine has broken 7 times so far” type-comments on whatever forum/site you look at.
    What sold me on the Reverb was the £190 deal on http://www.hibike.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Adjustable Seatposts’ is closed to new replies.