• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GEDA.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Adios asthma….. AWESOME!
  • donsimon
    Free Member

After 3 years or so with exercise induced asthma, I noticed while taking the dog for a walk lastnight that I wasn’t wheezing up the hill. The whole of today I’ve been able to breathe without problems and breathe deeply. I can still feel something so no miracle cure and I know one day isn’t much.
    The main culprit would appear to be dairy products. I started the iDave diet a couple of weeks ago and the only significant change to my old diet has been milk on my breakfast cereal. Other changes have been reducing the doses of Pulmicort over the last 3-4 months and an increase in cycling. But I’m relatively confident it’s the milk… 😆

I feel a move over to soya milk for when I move back to my more regular diet.

Anyone had such a dramatic change in their asthma?

Anyone else with lactose intolerance? There appear to be lots of soya based products so no probs there.

It’s definately AWESOME being able to breathe comfortably without medicines. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s AWESOME.

Now just get rid of council dog and your life will be complete. 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mine vanished when we moved from London to Ireland. Less traffic, more walking, less stress and less alcohol. Haven’t needed the inhaler for several months now. Even when I went for a spin without a warm-up.

julioflo
    Free Member

Asthma was getting worse around about 24, on recommendation of a slightly hippy friend I cut out dairy altogether and now Asthma is a think of the past.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My little sister, who nearly died from an attack as a toddler, seems to have got rid of hers too. Done loads of exercise which may have helped.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers dd, and another photo for you! Hope you read this about a disgusting animal being taken off the streets. 😉

kala17-02 041 by simoncarter.es, on Flickr

All the rides last weekend were without the ventolin pre-ride.

Not really sure what ‘pure’ spread is and not really sure I want to. 😉

See how the ride goes tomorrow. 😀

Zoolander
    Free Member

Getting rid of carpet and having laminate flooring , zero dust and zero asthma! ( stopping the fags probably helped as well )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay…there she is. 😀

(nowhere near me thanfullee).

Good to hear about people’s asthma going – never suffered but it’s a mare for people who do.

iDave
    Free Member

at uni i was plagued by it, esp just after exercise – so half time at footy matches I was bent double trying to breathe. forward thinking GP told me dairy didn’t cause it but made the effects worse. cut our dairy and it came under control.

stick to rioja, eggs and chorizo!

donsimon
    Free Member

My little sister, who nearly died from an attack as a toddler, seems to have got rid of hers too. Done loads of exercise which may have helped.

I only had one serious attack, ’twas quite fightening. Hope she can put it all behind her now.

never suffered but it’s a mare for people who do.

Sometimes it was funny, in a strange way, wheezing after climbing 1 flight of stairs, when people know I cycle an am quite fit!!

Sounds like the perfect breakfast…

catfood
    Free Member

You may not be lactose intolerant, you may have a casein (milk protein) or whey allergy, a simple skin prick test will tell you. My son is allergic to cows milk protein, gets very wheezy if he comes in to contact with it. Apparently the proteins in goat and sheep milk is quite different and can be an option, beware tho, soya milk tastes like shit.

crikey
    Free Member

Good that people are getting to grips with asthma, but…..

Please be careful; it still kills a number of young people every year.

donsimon
    Free Member

Please be careful; it still kills a number of young people every year.

Phew! That’s me out of the woods, I stopped being young years ago…

[serious]But he does have a point.[/serious]

Zoolander
    Free Member

3 of my favourite things!
    Can I add some olives too please?

Militant_biker

Hmmm. My Asthma has been up and down for the last few years. It had almost vanished by 2005, came back 2008, bugged me all winter and eased off, before hospitalising me late 2009. Seems pretty quiet now, although I reckon it’s lying in wait for me.

But I’d rather carry my Ventolin till the end of time than give up dairy!

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve suffered with it since a toddler, hospitalized quite a bit in my teens.
    Cant exercise without Ventolin although when I started running in my late teens my asthma became a bit more controllable but often had several days each winter when exercise is not possible, less the case now.

Sadly my daughter suffers quite badly with it so I am changing her diet to cut out more dairy.

Starting the iDave diet today, just looking for recipes?

donsimon
    Free Member

Good luck on both the diet and your daughter and hopefully the iDave diet will help you with your asthma. 😉

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I found mine too OP – Milk and Chocolate -the two things I’d kill for lol

Been fine since.

Wally

Same here, big improvement with exercise and little to no
    Diary, chocolate, coffee, nuts and sunflower oil.

Porrige with honey and raisons is ace.

nickc

Cool, good news about the asthma, strangely my hayfever is a lot less active if i lay off the milk as well.

mudpup
    Free Member

My asthma has been much better since i discovered red bush tea. I now have much less milk in my diet as i’ve dropped tea with milk and have much less milky coffee and its made a big difference.

GEDA
    Free Member

As long as i don’t drink red wine or go near cats, horses, dust or damp i am fine. Never got exersize asthma. Probably as exersize for me quickly expelled all the nasty stuff that makes me ill. Growing up on à farm with cats and horses was not much fun for me. God know how My grandfather coped as he was also allergic to horses but had to work with them.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Adios asthma….. AWESOME!’ is closed to new replies.