Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Adidas terrex trail cross mtb shoes
  • shoogly
    Free Member

Has anyone had some decent time in these shoes? How have they held up to the rigours of uk singletrack and trail centre biking? Also, do they size true to size or would they be better bought say half a size bigger to take a mid weight sealskins sock? Can’t seem to find any in Edinburgh to try on for size.

tangoman19
    Free Member

Only ever used the Shimano AM range and FiveTens before so took a punt on them. They’re very comfy… And they’re pretty splash proof. They’re well built. I’ve had mine since April and done about 1000 miles in them, the stealth rubber on the bottom is starting so show a bit of wear but nothing worrying. They’re about as grippy as the Shimanos I had, not quite a grippy as the FiveTens I’ve owned… The comfort means they win the all round title for me though. Will buy again when they’re done.

kirky72
    Free Member

Great shoes, really comfy but not clunky like most, great grip.

Clean up and dry easily.

Best flat shoes I’ve had and I’ve had most 5 10s, etties, shimano a41.

If you are short of a size eg not quite an 8 you should go for a 8.5 if your a big size than go for full extra size, typically fit like any adidas trainer which is at least an half size too small.

shoogly
    Free Member

Thanks, good info. Re sizing.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Order from Adidas, after getting your 15% off for signing up for the newsletter, and order a couple of sizes. Free delivery and returns via UPS.

I went .5 up as usual, and fit was fine. Bit wider in the forefoot than regular Adidas I thought.

Colourways are a bit enduro. I got lucky and got a pair in all black, so are fine on and off the bike.

mikertroid
    Free Member

IME:

Gripper than AM41s and almost as good as 5:10s. Look like a pair of shoes you could wear off the bike too. Seem well put together and no wear after a few months of riding.

pipiom
    Free Member

Would these be any good for road riding on flats?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

As long as the pedals are flats, these will be great.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

For that price OP why not consider the Five Ten Ascents? I’ve had a pair for nearly 2 years now and they’ve been great on and off the bike.

Link

colournoise

Was after some of these (got some Terrex waking books and they’re ace), but couldn’t stomach the colours they had left in my size (bikes can be as garish as you like, but riding gear is black). They seem to have launched some new ones at Eurobike so presumably not restocking old models?

Went with O’Neal Trigger instead and loving them. VERY close to my beloved Vans Gravels but with a bit more ankle support/protection. Might be worth a look as an alternative?

ian martin
    Free Member

Like mine but seem to have worn them as a general trainer more than a mtb specific one. Nit as grippy as I thought they be, excellent for walking in (grippy tread at the front and rear of the sole), stiff but not too stiff with decent feel, look good, well made, comfy, love the lace bunny and they look like they’ll last a while.
    I’m a size 9 and bought a size 9, they fit well, i still prefer my old ruined Sombrio though, Shane they’re not made anymore.

shoogly
    Free Member

Rumbledethumps, I like the look of the grip at the heel and toe. I do a lot of riding locally where the hills are steep enough to have to get off the bike and push on mud and grass a fair bit, and will also need the grip for the likes of the north end of Loch Lomond on the west highland way bike ride we’re doing. I currently use an old pair of north face snow sneakers which have actually been very good on the bike but are now worn out. Also, doesn’t harm to have something a bit different from the crowd, whilst retaining the stealth sole.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair for nearly a year. Way better than my old Tevas. They are a bit stiffer than other flat shoes I have had and I really prefer that for riding. Less clumpy than most 5.10s with the same rubber sole.

davosaurusrex

Disagree on the sizing, I’m usually a 12/47 (and a 48 in the 2FOs I have at the moment!), 12 was too big in these and 11 too small. Need an 11.5 but they had sold out of the blue by the time I sent them back, wish I had ordered a few pairs as the free returns are painless, even come with sticky return labels.

Think I’ll wait for the black/orange ones to come out as the sole is starting to come away on my 2FOs.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Also disagree with the sizing, I’m UK11 in 5.10 freeriders but my Terrex’s do feel slightly too big, should have gone for a UK10.5.

They are good shoes, but prefer my freeriders for grip and feel on the pedals.

tomfun

Really happy with mine. I’m a size 12 and bought a 12. They come up a little big but come winter time with sealskinz they will be nice and snug. The sole grips very well and seems to be holding up well, no signs of wear in 3 months which is a positive for me as in the past I’ve had AM41s, 5:10s & teva links and always shred the hell out of the sole in no time. They are really comfy and my favorite flat shoe so far. I wouldn’t dream of wearing them off the bike as they are much stiffer than a normal trainer but different strokes for different folks and all that.

larkim
    Free Member

Happy with mine (this year’s style), bought in same size as I wear other shoes (8s) and fit fine.

Son had last year’s model which had some nice little bike touches (laces off centre / protected from catching etc), he loves his too – though the stealth sole has now been ripped to shreds after many hours with his NanoX pedals / pins.

I wear mine every time I’m on a bike not clipped in, and they’re great for day to day use too – a bit stiff and flat, but after about 10 minutes you don’t notice that tbh.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I guess there isn’t an spd version of these is there?
    A quick search on Google doesn’t seem to bring anything up which is a shame as they look really nice.

isitafox
    Free Member

I wear mine everyday for walking, riding, going to the gym and for a stealth sole they’re holding up so well I’m actually looking at a second pair in a different colour just to switch it up occasionally!

tomfun

Double post.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Adidas terrex trail cross mtb shoes’ is closed to new replies.