Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • adidas Terrex Trail Cross Shoes – Anyone?
  • danposs86

Has anyone got any experience with the adidas Terrex Trail Cross Shoes for mountain biking?

They look great, and as adidas owns Five Ten, I am hoping they offer the same sort of grip but with added slippy slope walking grip.

honourablegeorge

I saw some cool Terrex shoes with Stealh soles on the adidas site, look like they’d do the job.

matt_outandabout

I have worn a couple of sets of Terrex Fast GTX boots out now. Really impressed – they have lasted longer than my huge stock of Salomon’s before, just as comfy and a bit more ‘boot’ than ‘trainer with a high cuff’. One had an ‘edge’ hidden over the toes, but a couple of weeks walking broke them in nicely. Soles have worn first before uppers.

I would again over a pair of Salomons.

richmtb

Interesting, very disappointed in my latest pair of Merrells the inside of the heels has fallen apart, might need to give these a look

core

There was a recommendation for them on a recent “what flat shoe” thread.

I struggled to find any in stock, there’s a few similar shoes, one does indeed have a stealth sole.

danposs86

Yeah the Terrex Trail Cross is the mountain biking one with Stealth rubber.

http://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-trail-cross-shoes/M29075.html

Just wondered if anyone has been wearing them and how they are lasting. My VXis lasted a year before falling apart.

rab5474
    Free Member

Ive got the terrex approach shoe, have used it on the bike a few times when my 5.10’s have been wet, the grip is just as good but slighly less protection, hower they are better for walking in naturally, i will probably go for the terrex cross trail when the time comes to replace my 5.10’s

honourablegeorge

The Adidas website does direct sales, free delivery, and 15% off your first order with an email signup

VanHalen

i`m loving the ones on that link.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m quite liking these..stealth rubber soles

http://www.outside.co.uk/shop/Terrex+Solo+Stealth

danposs86

Just ordered me some of the blue and orange ones from adidasspecialtysports.co.uk

Will report back when they arrive.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Terrex stealth are brilliant , there was a thread on them ,on here not to long ago , there are fantastic with my saints pedals and goretex too

Blacks had them on offer at £60 a pair , so good I bought two pairs 🙂 just greedy I know

grahamt1980

Definitely worthwhile.
    I have been using mine for a few weeks now and they are great, more comfortable than my old five tens (Karvers and old Impacts), and pretty much the same level of pedal grip. Way more for walking up slopes though.
    Very recommended shoes

Goldigger
    Free Member

Graham1980
    Which ones did you get and how do they size up?

grahamt1980

I got the blue and orange terrex trail cross.
    I think I went for the 43 2/3rds, and i’m normally a size 9. They have got space in them but my feet don’t move around at all.
    If I was to get another set I would go a size smaller though.

grahamt1980

Just to add I bought them from Adidas.de

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

As an adidas fanboy I’m itching to order some, but they don’t look/sound very water proof.

Can anyone tell me otherwise?

grahamt1980

Not waterproof as they have vent holes, but way more water resistant than five tens. Will use mine with waterproof socks when the weather gets crap

stevedoc
    Free Member

Same ,I use mine with sealskinz and even in the snow my feet were dry ..

isitafox
    Free Member

I had a pair of the older style terrex solos without the stealth sole and they lasted over 18 months, a lotof trials riders use the solos with the stealth sole and swear by them. Other ones worth a look for a little less are the slack cruiser slacklining shoes as they have a stealth sole, love mine!

core

What do people find the soles on these Adidas shoes like? Are they stiff enough?

I’m using some etnies on flats at the moment, and want something a bit stronger soled ideally.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Yeah ,very stiff (as it were ) when walking sounds like a pair of moulded football boots on the tarmac , no real flex at all

core

Which ones are you using?

danposs86

Shoes turned up today (even though they were sent via Hermes!!).

Only tried them on for a few minutes, feel snug (but I do wear a pair of DCs daily), first impressions are they offer more support than my VXis.

The sole does have a nice deep tread where you want them to be (hiking up grass slopes on your toe sections) and although they don’t feature a completely flat pedal section like the FiveTens, there is enough rubber there to grip the pedal nicely from the look of them.

Also they smell great!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘adidas Terrex Trail Cross Shoes – Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.