Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Adidas hydro pro
  • gkeeffe

Anybody tried these as winter shoes? Thinking of getting some.

They’re for canyoning, but have a stealth sole. Thought they might keep my feet drier than shimano.am41s

https://www.bergzeit.co.uk/adidas-hydro-pro-shoe-semi-solar-yellow-uk5-5/?gclid=CN2P8MW7oskCFQoKwwodb8QOpw

chrisdw
    Free Member

Generally canyoning shoes are designed to drain well. So the opposite of waterproof. Though, they do have a lot of neoprene so may be a bit warmer.

jam-bo

thats what I thought, they aren’t designed to keep your feet dry, they are designed to give your feet grip in wet conditions.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Yep, you may also find the rubber on the sole is very soft and may get shredded by pedals quickly. Lots of different Stealth compounds. This is almost certainly a very soft one.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Will they not also be quite flexible?

samol
    Free Member

Did you try these? I’m trying flats this winter instead of spd’s & was looking for a warm footwear solution. My feet really suffer with cold & I blame the constant conduction through the metal and cleat of and spd. It’s just a theory but I’m willing to experiment.
    Anyway my search so far has found the Shimano Am41’s and am45’s but I do like a higher boot for the winter.
    The products I’ve found are the Palm Gradient Kayak boot The Five Ten Cannoneer and The adidas Hydro pro boot.
    The adidas ones are cheaper here if anyone wants to try them.
    Link

I also do a lot of kayaking and generally messing about on the mountains so if they are no good for the bike I will get lots of use out of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Adidas hydro pro’ is closed to new replies.