Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Adidas hiking boots
  • spawnofyorkshire

Anyone have a pair?
    I’m not getting on with my meindls and want something else.
    Like the look of the Adidas terrex scope high gtx, especially with the stealth rubber for grippiness
    Anyone got a pair and if so have you run them with gaiters?
    Or just general experience with the Adidas hikers? Do they size up normally for Adidas (I.e. half a size too small)

rascal
    Free Member

Sorry – I can’t add anything useful to say other than….bloody hell, they are fugly 😕

matt_outandabout

I have just retired a pair of Terrex GTX mids.

They come up a half size too small, narrow by a Smidge as well.

I had an issue for first half dozen walks of a hard plastic ridge over my toes, at the end of laces, but after that they have proved as comfy as any other boots I have owned, and stiffer than my usual Salomon go-to shoes. They have worn really well, with the sole finally loosing tread after 8months of daily wear (better than Salomon and TNF shoes).

I would again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

I had an older pair for yonks, probably 10 years, did loads of miles and eventually became my building/ diy boots, very comfy, damn ugly but I miss them

spawnofyorkshire

Thanks matt, my feet are long and narrow so the standard Adidas last usually works well for me.

@rascal – they’re hiking boots for hiking, not planning on poncing up and down the high Street in them. Anyway my meindls are even fuglier than them

@kimbers – thanks 🙂

ElShalimo

Spawn – have you tried Altberg boots?
    The company are from Richmond – boots come in 5 width fittings and every size known to man from barely-visible pixie to huge troll

Go and see Simon at Mountainfeet in Marsden or pop into the factory shop in Richmond

FWIW, the serious Adidas hiking kit is very good and has been for years. They bought Salomon many years ago and share technology with them.

ElShalimo

Edit: double post

loddrik
    Free Member

Got some of these. Never hiked in them though.

[Img]http://images.esellerpro.com/2651/I/201/G17645amz.png[/img]

Pyro

Had a pair of old Adidas ones, as well as a pair of the Nike ACG boots when they were first out. Been using a pair of the Quechua Forclaz Speed boots (£70-ish at Decathlon) and they’re about the most comfortable waterproof boot I’ve ever had.

rascal
    Free Member

@rascal – they’re hiking boots for hiking, not planning on poncing up and down the high Street in them. Anyway my meindls are even fuglier than them

I love the irony of this. I’m well aware of their function – I have Scarpa SL3s which are hardly pretty. Those Adidas boots with all their colours and flashes look like they ARE meant for the high street.

spawnofyorkshire

@rascal
    They do look a little bit too flashy don’t they. I’m very intrigued by the soles on these specific Adidas ones though. Looks like they are designed for scrambling.
    Just need to find them in my size now

ElShalimo

Spawn – the stealth rubber soles are proprietary FiveTen soles …..but Adidas bought them in 2011. They should be very sticky but they do wear quickly

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

where did you get them Adidas from Loddrik??? and how much where they? I can’t seem to find any online anywhere :/

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Loddrik? Loddrik to the thread please, Lol

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Adidas hiking boots’ is closed to new replies.