Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Adhesive frame cable guides
  • deano8
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a flat backed adhesive cable guide, I need it to run a dropper post guide under my top tube.
    Seen the acor m3 ones and jagwire ones on eBay but can’t tell if they’re oval for tubes or flat.

sweepy
    Free Member

None of the buggers stick for long, luckily my frame is steel so I used sugru and a magnet, pulls off instantly when I want it to and sticks like shit to a blanket when I dont.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Agree, they don’t stick. My frames are alu so I drilled mine and pop riveted alu guides to my frame. Got the guides from Ceeway frame builder supplies.

bigyim
    Free Member

I bought the jag wire ones off eBay. De greased and cleaned the frame and have been brilliant. They are slightly curved to fit the frame too.

deano8
    Free Member

Big yim – how much is slightly? Could I trim edges and make them flat?
    Onza dog, don’t really want to dril my frame.

Hicksy
    Free Member

The ones I had weren’t curved much. I needed a bit more curve, so tried heating them up in the oven and then clamp them round a bolt – it didn’t really work so I trimmed the edges off and bonded them on with Araldite. This worked a treat. I’m sure this would also work on a flat tube too.

Keando

+1 Jag wire ones. No problem with them falling off either

Lakes_Puma

another +1 for Jag wires ones, prepare the surface properly and it won’t come off.

deano8
    Free Member

Hicksy – just ordered, I’ll try the heat met he’d if necessary.
    If not they sell alloy ones but would be on a boat from China for along time, will see what happens..

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I used the M:part ones from Evans and they just fell off, even after properly degreasing the surface. Onzadog – what frame did you drill? Have been considering drilling top tube and fitting rivnuts to hold cable clips.

ontor
    Free Member

Jag wires are still on a frame in the shed, long after at least one of the braze-ons has come off…

bigyim
    Free Member

Deano8 only very slight. I have put mine on my top tube of my speccy enduro which is flat. Like others have said if you warm them first it shouldn’t be a problem. I think they’re a great product

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Adhesive frame cable guides’ is closed to new replies.