Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Additional costs of cohabiting
  • grahamg
    Free Member

Don’t think it was any different for me – vastly more household income, the rent and bills get split two ways, all for a bit of extra bog roll (they can’t shake, it’s not some sort of conspiracy). Every time I read a thread like this, even with the jest filtered out, I can’t help but feel some of you are shacked up with some right nutters!

andyfla
    Free Member

My cost of living went way down when we moved in together although hers seemed to go up somewhat ……

Cushions – why, why, why ?

hora
    Free Member

I supposed after christening every room- after the last room is ticked off…thats when co-habiting becomes the slippery slope of over-familiarity.

spawnofyorkshire

I supposed after christening every room- after the last room is ticked off…thats when co-habiting becomes the slippery slope of over-familiarity.

eww eww eww eww eww eww

andyfla
    Free Member

Does the hall, stairs and landing count as 3 diff rooms ?

rugbydick

andyfla – Member

Does the hall, stairs and landing count as 3 diff rooms ?

I think you’ll find each tread of the stairs counts as a different room…

hooli

Didn’t realise how expensive horses are 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wtf is a tumble drier*……

* successfully avoided having one for 5 years we have lived together now……despite occasional requests – esp when we had a damp flat and nothing would dry.

Allergic to most candles – avoided that one also.

Only cushions we own – were a gift from my grandparents

Mrs t-r has almost as many bikes as me …. Down side to that is – i have twice as many bikes to maintain 🙁

chris_jh

I don’t mind the multitude of cushions on the sofa so much – it is the ones on the bed that get me why? What are pillows for?

hora
    Free Member

I don’t mind the multitude of cushions on the sofa so much – it is the ones on the bed that get me why? What are pillows for?

During giving her oral or providing more ‘leverage’ to hit that spot at a nice angle would you prefer to use your pillows or general purpose cushionage?

Cushions don’t collapse either (especially under heavy loading)

brooess
    Free Member

Where’s that photo of the teddy bear taking over the bedroom from the thread the other week? that was the REAL cost of cohabiting 🙂

flicker
    Free Member

hora – Member

During giving her oral or providing more ‘leverage’ to hit that spot at a nice angle would you prefer to use your pillows or general purpose cushionage?

Obviously you’d grab the ladies pillow, especially if there’s going to be some seepage 😀

hora
    Free Member

Seepage? I remember a girl once complaining that I got it on her wallpaper/headboard and side table.

..its that T.M.I? 😆

scaled
    Free Member

hooli – Member
    Genuine question for the OP. Surely you have decided to move in together as you would like to live together. If it turns out to be too expensive, are you going to tell her not to bother?

We could all save a lot of money not doing stuff but what the point of working then…

It’s more of a cost/comfort calculation – the horse is getting on a bit now so we’re looking at retirement liveries and the like. Also requires relocation and a new job on her part so her income is still a variable.

Got to have the spreadsheet accurate and up to date, how else could I manage all my bikes on 0% finance? 😉

EDIT: she likes the look of the new Spark Contessa too 😡

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Additional costs of cohabiting’ is closed to new replies.