• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • adding date to an android calendar
  • SaxonRider

So I’m trying to put my new android tablet to good use, but can’t seem to enter any dates into my calendar.

Can anyone help me?

The tablet is not 3g, so I definitely need to know how to enter dates when I am not able to sync with Google calendar – which seems to be what all the different calendar programmes demand.

Having said that, even now, when I can sync, I still can’t figure out how to enter a simple date.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

poly
    Free Member

I don’t have a tablet so can’t be sure of your issue.

If I open the calendar app on my phone I see my google calendar (even when offline). If I press the menu key one of the options is “NewEvent+” that brings up the enter details screen. Alternatively I can go to a point on the diary and hold my finger on the screen (hold it for a second, not just tap) and it will try to create an appointment at that time.

Do you have a google calendar set up and synchronised to start with?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yeah mine worked like that, same as phone.

coffeeking
    Free Member

What tablet did you get?

SaxonRider

Thanks for the responses so far.

I got a Toshiba AT100, and it is indeed synced with Google Calendar. But every time I go to enter a date, it asks me to log into my Google account, as if I wasn’t already.

I though maybe it was the calendar widget I was using, but I have tried it with a number of widgets, as well as the built-in calendar, and no difference.

I was just thinking that on my old Nokia ‘smart phone’, I had a brilliant calendar that worked just like some of the widgets available on the Android apps site, yet didn’t need to sync with anything, and that I would love to put something like that on my phone.

After all, I never look at, or use, a calendar on my PC. Why would I want to sync with it?

In any case, I just want to be able to use my tablet like a proper diary, but so far no luck…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Upload a video?

Needs to be synced as it’s a cloud service.

clubber
    Free Member

My Arnova 10 G2 (Gingerbread) works the same as my phone – eg I can use the calendar whether I have a connection or not. The syncing just keeps my google calendar up to date so that I’ve got a backup should I need it.

eg it just works so not sure what’s causing your problem.

cp

It sounds like your device is not remembering you google acount details or keeping you logged in to your accounts. Under the general device settings, under accounts, or accounts & sync, is your google account set to sync? are all the details therein correct – log-in name, password etc…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘adding date to an android calendar’ is closed to new replies.