Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Add-on cable guides
  • molgrips
    Free Member

For my dropper. Don’t need it to be stealth, but I would prefer something other than zip ties. What options do I have?

Self adhesive ones don’t seem to last. Frame is alloy, I could maybe glue something on. Anyone tried this?

somouk
    Free Member

You could use a proper bonding glue and see how they last. May just end up looking messy if you knock them off crashing/bashing the bike.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ragley ones on CRC are good if you have threaded holes, there is a wee ‘guide’ that comes with reverbs that cable ties onto seatpost/tube, I may have a spare one if you don’t have one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fourbanger
    Free Member

SJS will have one. Probably by Dia Compe or someone.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use rivet on type from c.j. frames parts (i think). Or was it ceeway. Anyway, there are guides out there that you can rivet on.

STATO
    Free Member

The stick on ones will last if all they do is hold the cable, put any tension on them from a bending cable then they will eventually pull off. Use them in combination with strategic zip ties at the seat-tube end and onto other cables at the headtube to prevent any pulling on the guides and they can be ok.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t have holes or anything – the bike dates from before dropper posts were invented, and I’m not going to upgrade to 1x to free up the front mech slots 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine didn’t have holes…at first.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Cobra Flexroute Cable guides

http://www.cobraties.com/cobra-ties/flexroute/

http://bicycletimesmag.com/spotlight-flexroute-cable-guides/

I’ve just ordered some of these off amazon, haven’t used them so can’t give any useful feedback. But I think they look really promising, and they’re cheap so worth a punt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Add-on cable guides’ is closed to new replies.