Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Add more travel to 2016 Lyrik Air? Anyone done it?
  • switchbacks
    Free Member

Just as the intro says, looking to make my 150 Lyrik Air RC from 150 to 160mm of travel. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Northwind

Provided the fork’s capable of it, it should just be a case of replacing the air shaft. What I don’t know though is whether all Lyriks are capable of all lengths, rockshox historically have enjoyed dicking about with this especially for OEMs.

shifter
    Free Member

SRAM parts

Check pages 85 & 86. I think you just need a new spring shaft assembly. For my coil Lyrik I needed a new spring and a shaft. Bought them from bike24.de

shifter
    Free Member

Parts 26 & 27? Just to clarify – I haven’t done it! Can anyone confirm?

benpinnick

If were talking current gen lyrik (as in 2015+) then yes no worries. get the right 150mm Lyrik/Yari airshaft and swap it out. They will go from 120 all the way to 180mm (Wheelsize dependent – but 150 is common on all variants).

switchbacks
    Free Member

I had a look on bike24.de and they of course have all the air cartridges but for the 2016 model – 07-15:d
    I just got a 650+ variant and want to slacken the head angle by propping it up 10mm.

benpinnick

You need this part: 11.4018.026.004

It may be listed as a 150 Pike 29 air shaft, which it also is, so don’t worry about that if it doesnt list the 160 Lyrik bit. Its still the right part.

FYI I see that 160 is as long as you can go on a 29er/650b+ Lyrik.

switchbacks
    Free Member

Thanks Ben much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Add more travel to 2016 Lyrik Air? Anyone done it?’ is closed to new replies.