Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Adam Brayton charging and crashing at Innerleithen
  • jamied
    Free Member
    feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

Really nice feeling of speed due to the close trees.

stevied
    Free Member

That looks tight as ****… 😯

glupton1976
    Free Member

Meh – I’ve taken the rigid singlespeed down there and didnt fall off. 😉

jamied
    Free Member

Yeah, the feeling of speed is fantastic. I think having a rider in front makes a big difference to the sense of speed too.

ddmonkey

The committment in the corners is great to watch, nasty stack at the end, never nice getting tangled up with the bike like that 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

Needs some skills training.

😉

tonyd

Jebus that’s fast! And ouch, that looked painful. Great footage.

jamied
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden there? It’s a quite a trip north for me, wondering if it’s worth the trip?

Northwind

Absolutely worth it, excellent place, though to be fair it took me a few gos to find the best stuff (in fact I’m still finding good things, the best trails aren’t on the maps). The uplift isn’t the fastest mind but makes for a great day out.

No need for a massive bike either, I prefer most of the dh trails on the trailbike- one of the things that’s made it the best enduro venue. (some of the trails in that clip were in the UKGE enduro)

blooddonor
    Free Member

What do you think………….have you watched the video?

jamied
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind, I might well plan a trip at some point over the summer. How come the uplift is slow?

Northwind

It has to take a long route up the hill, with a slow tarmac bash to get to the start of the climb, and doesn’t quite go to the top so there’s a push to get up to the starts.

Also they uses full size buses so they have to leave at scheduled times, rather than just fill-and-go. All adds up to 8 runs over the day. It’s still a great service, but a lot slower than antur stiniog with their multiple minibuses and purpose-built uplift road.

You can ride/push up obviously and there’s also the XC route.

jamied
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks for the info mate.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

What struck me was how still his head was, on most normal – i.e. not pro riders – helmet cam vids the camera is wobbling all over the place as the rider charges/panic brakes/charges/panic brakes etc.

In contrast he was really, really smooth.

Think i might stop filming my runs! 😆

jamied
    Free Member

The camera may have had some image stabilisation which will help to make it look smoother, or Lewis might just be super smooth, or he’s riding a hover bike!

kendo954
    Free Member

Was there last weekend from Belfast and booked again for August – easily worth a trip 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

Vid shows how effortless Lewis is on local trails. Cutting across lines that Adam is doing 2 to 3 changes of direction in. Both making it look a lot easier than us mere mortals.

Cheezpleez

Nice vid. Looked tight and quick and smooth … and painful

freeridenick
    Free Member

Brayton is a charger!

davosaurusrex

Buggered his Strava time right up.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Adam Brayton charging and crashing at Innerleithen’ is closed to new replies.