Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Acupuncture, have you had it and does it work.
  • Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I’m getting jip with my back and I’ve been to the osteopath and this time it doesn’t seem to be going away. So I’m now thinking of Acupuncture and I’d like to know whether it works or not.

tonto
    Free Member

You are bound to get the full spectrum of responses on here.
    The simple answer is it works for some and not for others, there are no guarantees.
    If you want to try it use a practitioner from the British Acupuncture Council
    http://www.acupuncture.org.uk

singletrackmind

Yep , I had accupuncture on my neck after getting whiplash for the second time . First time was a bike crash , second time was a car accident.
    A doctor used about 4 needles in my neck and with a tiny bit of wobbling was able to locate the problem area. The relief was almost instant , and although it didn’t last for more than a few weeks had a noticable effect. And i was a sceptic before the treatment, and would have it again if i had a recurring niggle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kasperthecourier
    Free Member

Had it by a danish army doctor…. Didn’t work 🙄

igm

yes and yes

but I also believe* that this year’s kit is better than last year’s

(*possibly)

(but more seriously the acupuncture did work for me – had that kind of feeling you get after a good game of rugby; slightly bruised but ready to take on the world)

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve had loads. My marshall arts teacher was a traditional Chinese doctor and a friend. He gave me needles for all sorts of things – from injuries and back pain, to colds and upset stomachs. Some of the results were nothing short of stunning, others a little disappointing. The most spectacular, was when he 100% cured my carpal tunnel syndrome permanently in 2 sessions. My GP had told me that I would definitely require an op and be off work for 3 weeks. It’s better for some things than other imo. Should be very good for back problems. Might sound racist, but I would never consider going to an acupuncturist who wasn’t Chinese.

timwillows
    Free Member

Worked for me and I went into the whole thing highly sceptical

salsaboy

I had it through the NHS for shoulder pains after a bike crash.
    It worked for me.

NZCol

Solved an IT Band problem i had quite often, after treatment and some remedial support work its never come back – that was 4 years ago.

AdamM
    Free Member

Worked for me when I had chronic fatigue 6 years ago. Would definitely recommend it, although as others have said, it doesn’t work for everything or for everyone.

molgrips
    Free Member

There was a study quite recently reported on the BBC site I think that said it DID work, but interestingly it didn’t matter where you stuck the needles 🙂 Needle pricks, pain, endorphins is my guess. Endorphins are amazing chemicals.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Acupuncture is the only “alternative medicine” that regularly shows benefits in proper double blind studies. Many western trained drs now use it.

There is no mechanism by which it can cause harm ( from a western medical viewpoint) and proven benefits.

I personally have had acupuncture and was amazed at the power of it – and I am a western medicine trained sceptic.

Kieran

Had it help with whiplash after a bad car crash. It took my physio a couple of weeks to persuade me (I have a phobia of needles) and I was very sceptical about it all, however it was nothing sort of miraculous. Eased the pain immediately and stayed comfortable for the next few weeks.

Interestingly it’s also helped me with afore mentioned phobia

fbk
    Free Member

Never had it but I use it regularly with various animals (and the occasional human).

Seems to get good responses as far as pain relief is concerned.

Marge
    Free Member

I am a major sceptic & hate needles but gave it a go on a ankle that was giving my grief a couple of years after fracturing it. Up until that point I thought actupuncture meant sticking a needle in my ear if my hand hurt or something similar….
    Had 6 or 8 needles in my ankle.

I remember feeling a horrible stabbing pain for a split second then after that it went away as did the existing pain in my ankle. I woúldn’t hesitate to use it again. Awesome results.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

yes, i’ve had it and imo it is amazing. its cured a long term injury in my hip that nothing else would fix in 3 sessions. would definately have it again for other injuries.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had some done on my back by a woman who didn’t “believe” in it particularly, but reckoned it worked. It kinda did. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I found it a really good temporary pain killer. The problem with my shoulder didn’t go away, but ancupuncture definitely stopped it from hurting for a few weeks.

Kit
    Free Member

Yes and no it had no effect (but only one short session).

Kit
    Free Member

Oh, and my brother tried it a few times to help with his fear of flying… That didn’t work either.

Jenga
    Free Member

I bought some needles of an accupuncturist and then he wanted to charge me to fit them in. Ridiculous!

Being sensible…. I had it done when I shredded the ligament holding the two bones in my lower leg together. Scar tissue formed on the ligament causing no end of trouble. Accupuncture broke down the scars, and the leg was as good as new.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Acupuncture, have you had it and does it work.’ is closed to new replies.