Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Actually pretty funny..
  • Cougar

That X5, is it a bomber?

nedrapier

It’s a going really fast and not much else-er

Bregante

I think you’ll find lodders drives a pimped C5

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannyh
    Free Member

Or people who don’t know how to use an apostrophe?

Yeah! that’s a man who needs FOOL tattooed on his head! FOOL!

You got it right second time round, though – well done you(!) 😉

Mike_D
    Free Member

Some people who live near our local school have had parents park on their driveways. Not across the end, actually on, behind the owner’s car. I can’t begin to understand the universe-sized sense of entitlement that would lead someone to think that that was OK.

cynic-al
    Free Member

parking on zig zags is for bell ends.

rugbydick

People seem to mostly use hazard warning lights to park on double yellows so they can run into Greggs round here.

I think you’ll find people going into Greggs don’t run anywhere…

Bregante

They do if they’re about to shut 🙂

stumpy01

Ooooh, I found a pic on my Flickr account.
    This was quite a ‘good’ day. EDIT – it was early evening & I think they were waiting to pick up from a school trip.

The school can be seen to the right of the picture on the other side of the road.

13-05-01 DSCN3791 by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Someone above suggested contacting the council – that’s not actually a bad idea, but I haven’t done yet.
    I debated making some small leaflets referencing the highway code where it says about where and where not to park to leave under their wipers. But, I don’t wanna get dog poo put through my letterbox.

D0NK

I can’t begin to understand the universe-sized sense of entitlement that would lead someone to think that that was OK.

But I’ll only be here for a minute FFS, chill out dude!

MiL went looking at houses at wkend, a house with it’s own access rd off a housing estate. Her bloke said “I don’t like the look of this” as they drove in, lovely house apparently but sure enough on the way out not 1 but 2 cars were parked blocking the access rd, cue door knocking and “is one of these your car?” and yes the owners were both arsey about having to move their illegally parked cars.

MoreCashThanDash

Can I just refute the unfounded allegation on page 1 that I work for the council.

On the rare occasions that I do any work, I work for the government.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

I once went over 70mph in the outside lane of the motorway “hides”.

andyfla
    Free Member

On the rare occasions that I do any work, I work for the government.

My apologies, I take it back

GrahamS

Some people who live near our local school have had parents park on their driveways. Not across the end, actually on, behind the owner’s car.

Easily sorted:

loddrik
    Free Member

parking on zig zags is for bell ends.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Easily sorted:

Heh 🙂 Doesn’t help much with the more immediate issue of the homeowner getting their own car off the drive, mind 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

People seem to mostly use hazard warning lights to park on double yellows so they can run into Greggs round here.

Haven’t you heard. The highway code now stipulates that you can do what the bloody hell you like so long as you have your hazards on.

Stopping just after a blind bend to answer your phone?

Make sure you’ve got your hazards on and you’ll be fine.

IdleJon

The local school has the yellow zigzags painted around the main office entrance not the actual entrance for the school, allowing parents able to run their children down with complete entitlement. 😆

matt_outandabout

We have some parents, who despite living in a place here the school is 10 mins walk maximum for anyone, have to drop little Tarquin or Esmerelda off by hulking 4×4, not in the pre-arranged and paid for, empty Indian restaurant car park, which is 50m walk from school, oh no, we have to drive into the narrow, one way lane that school is on, stop at the narrow bit at the gate, blocking any other child’s view back down the road and forcing any overtaking car to partly use the pavement, and walk their little dahlings the five metres across the playground, to the unrepresentative door.

The head has a word, they stop doing it for a week, and then return to it the first wet day. The police come and threaten tickets, they text each other in warning, and return the next day. The parent council puts up a sign, and everyone agrees parking is an issue, but still the same nodding and agreeing crowd drive to pick up the kids, refusing to walk any further than their fat, expanding and waddling arses can carry them.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think you’ll find people going into Greggs don’t run anywhere…

I bet they are wearing trainers though, probably white JD Sports specials.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    I think cops should be allowed to shoot on site parents who park on zig zags. Sadly my suggestion has not been taken up by ACPO

Which site is this? I may want to watch.

aracer
    Free Member

You’ve got a neighbour you don’t like? Just put their name and address on the leaflet.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Actually pretty funny..’ is closed to new replies.