• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by cozz.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Activesport/Marc Anthony Bikes Direct- Buxton opinions please
  • ferrit32
    Free Member

Has anyone any experience with Activesport/Marc Anthony Bikes Direct? They are based in Buxton

Thinking about a high cost purchase from them but having not dealt with them before just wanted to get some info on them.

cheers

Ferrit

sambob
    Free Member

Don’t do it. Only heard bad reviews and their shop is awful. Seemed very unhelpful and not really bothered about selling anything.

steveh

I’ve heard bad things too. Maybe if you can collect?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

only if you go in. Mail order they are sh1t at best

ferrit32
    Free Member

OK I have heard enough, cheers chaps, I am looking elsewhere.

Ta very much 😉

pedalhead
    Free Member

On the flip side, I ordered a Double Six sprocket from them on Dec 15th, emailed that night to request a change in size, got email response from them the following morning and received it 2 days later.

mogsuncle
    Free Member

I ordered a Fox RP23 rear shock via their website last year and didn’t have any issues. They weren’t very helpful when I contacted them about replacement bushings recently, but the initial purchase went well.

seanodav
    Free Member

Very bad ime, wouldnt bother.
    The man i spoke to on the phone was male chicken

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ordered something and when questioned why it was then suddenly out of stock got a very curt bordering on rude response and will not use them again as a result

Northwind

Total arse. I was told an item had dispatched, 10 days later emailed to chase it, “Oh it’s been delayed by the snow” “You told me it dispatched 10 days ago, that’s 5 days before the snow”. They don’t even lie well, they just grabbed the first excuse without bothering to check if it was plausible. I don’t mind a well crafted lie but have some pride in it people!

Oh, I left bad ebay feedback which he then tried to bribe me into retracting with a puncture repair kit :mrgreen: Classy. He wasn’t too chuffed when I told him it’d cost him a £500 fork sale.

pedalhead
    Free Member

blimey, sounds like I was lucky!

thehillsarealive
    Free Member

A shocking shopping experience!

Recently had the missfortune of dealing with this company – Rude and Terrible customer service!!

What a shame – I work hard for my money and expect my money to work hard for me – A little courtesy and customer service costs nothing!

Seriously guy’s if you hate your job that much – Get out, dont take it out on your PAYING customers. How can companies like this stay in business??? Perhaps it’s time you get out on your bikes and remind yourselves what the sport is about.

Rant over… Think happy thoughts mmmm

Edric64
    Free Member

I bought six bikes from them three years ago and they were very quick to deliver.I also purchased my cyclocross frame from them via ebay and that was trouble free as well.

thehillsarealive
    Free Member

6 Bikes? Wow good effort

Ahh…

….Did you mean to buy 6 bikes or did you just order 1 and they charged you for 6??

Only joking – I’m sure as with any company, people will have good and bad experiences. I’m just going on my own experience and what appears to be the other thousands of negative posts online.

Edric64
    Free Member

HAha! I did want six bikes for a cycle hire business.I seem to be on my own in not finding them crap ,lucky me I guess.

cozz
    Free Member

I drove up once to find the shop shut

also phoned to enquire about a pugsley frame that kept going in and out of stock, unhelpful and blunt on the phone

so bought elsewhere and will continue to do so

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Activesport/Marc Anthony Bikes Direct- Buxton opinions please’ is closed to new replies.