Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • activesport.co.uk – any good
  • atlaz
    Free Member

They’ve got a good deal or two on at the moment. Anyone used them?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no they are shit!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

max, given my experience with them I personally would not use them ever again.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Never had any issues. But am I the exception that proves the rule? I did all my buying over fleabay.

meeeee
    Free Member

i wouldnt touch them again either, quick to take money, very slow to deliver and a nightmare to try and get refunds from.

also read these…

activesport

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve bought from them via Ebay, first 5 times – fast delivery no problem, but 6th time it took them 3 weeks to deliver a headset that they twice told me had been sent.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

snaps – Member
    I’ve bought from them via Ebay, first 5 times – fast delivery no problem, but 6th time it took them 3 weeks to deliver a headset that they twice told me had been sent.

Did you ask about it on a delivery forum?

atlaz
    Free Member

That’d be a no then 🙂

ton

i have bought 2 sets of forks from them no problem at all.

retro83
    Free Member

they are crap

leb304
    Free Member

Just wanted to post this as had such a bad experience with this company, joined your forum to let you all know and found the already started thread!!!!

I came accross the company using search engines online whilst looking for a birthday present for my other half, I frequently shop online and had never heard of these guys, but seemed very reasonable, so I took a punt.

I would appreciate that they are a small company, and to be honest I tend to try and use small companies as usually the customer service is way better. But when I received the delivery email stating 48 hours to dispatch and a further 3-5 days to arrive I wrang the warehouse line to check if there was anymore clarity on the delivery. I did after all ask that if it was unlikely to within 3 days if someone could please contact me. (This was writen clearly in the delivery instructions). I was completely fobbed off by a phone operative who basically dismissed my questions with a monosyllabic response. I thought that being a small company, they might atleast have been able to tell me if the item in question was in stock or not, or whether or warehouse pickers had dispatched it.

I then rang back as I didn’t feel satisfied about this response in retrospect, only to be greeted with probably the most hostile attitude of any person I have ever spoken to over the phone. All I wanted was some clarification on my order and the rep on the end of the line was extremely confrontational towards me. I really do feel frustrated by the way I have been dealt with and from the sounds of it, there is not enough a remote chance my order will arrive soon. Luckily, after sending them a snotty email along the lines of this review, my order was cancelled and refunded in full. My gripe with this compnay is firstly their lack of clarity on their website regarding delivery, but secondly, and most importantly how rude the main on the end of the telephone line was. I really would recommend you pay a littl more and use your local bike shop or someone like chain reaction or evans.

Interestingly a number of the online reviews sites and bike forums discuss the company and make frequent reference to the rudeness of the staff member on the end of the telephone line. I really cannot understand why the man I spoke to on the end of the phone was so confrontational and rude. Clearly as a customer I was wasting his time and he was far too busy to deal with my trivial enquiry. I hoped being a small company that they would provide good service, but clearly they have enough online customers to not be too bothered by this. Given the dealings I have had with the sales staff so far I would find it highly unlikely I will be shopping with them in the future.

retro83
    Free Member

retro83 – Member

they are crap
    Posted 2 years ago #

+1

teadrinker
    Free Member

They have a bad rep but I ordered online for a good deal and followed it it up with a phone call, had a bit of a chat and got the items next day. Delivery seems there biggest problem.

tazzymtb

It’s been weeks waitng for an item with no replies, I’ve got to the stage where I have a picture of the item to pass on to future grandchildren just in case it ever turns up. It’s my fault I know they’re awful but thought that maybe it was worth giving them a second chance. No, they are still dogpoo!!

carlphillips
    Free Member

have a look through my thread history for my activesport experience….

i finally got the pedals though they had been posted quite a few weeks after they told me they had been posted, so in short they lied to me time and time again…very rude on the phone too.

avoid.

I’ve used them a couple of times and they’ve been OK.
    They are cheapest for Rohloff sprockets and Renthal chainrings on the web.
    I tend to buy new ones as soon as I have replaced them, so I’ve always got a pair in stock, so delivery time isn’t critical to me, not that it’s ever been a problem.

Brycey
    Free Member

leb304 + 1 (absolutely exactly)

The guy at the warehouse was the rudest guy I think I have ever spoken to. I was after something fairly niche (baby sling for a Chariot trailer) so was not biothered about having to wait, although it was getting a bit ridiculous at three weeks.

When I said I wanted to cancel the order and get a refund (the item was apparently floating about in courier land) he said
    “well sometimes the mail can take a long time, so I’m afraid if we don’t receive your item within 30 days we can’t give you a refund”
    in a very sarcastic tone.

The guy was a total and utter tool and I would rather eat my last shite than ever give them another penny of my money.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Greetings, this is my first post and it pains me to make it a negative one but I have recently been ‘Mark Anthonied’, this is the second time I’ve had dealings with them and I really should have known better after the first time.

This time round I have been lied to and was actually sworn at on the phone by an unbelieveably hostile bloke, merely for having the audacity to politely ask about returning parts for a refund, parts that arrived weeks after I needed them.

Avoid, they really are not nice people to deal with, nor are they a bike shop in the true sense of the word (or spirit).

seanodav
    Free Member

Aye shite! cant believe he’s still in buisness to be honest

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘activesport.co.uk – any good’ is closed to new replies.