Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Activated almonds
  • onehundredthidiot

Well that article about alkaline water taught me a thing or two. I feel much better able to understand the issues.

Unfortunately I fear my chem degree and PhD are now void.

Cougar

i have to admit, I stopped reading halfway through. I could actually feel myself getting stupider.

maccruiskeen

Unfortunately I fear my chem degree and PhD are now void.

We’ve had enough of experts.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Admits to drinking apple cider vinegar daily

richmtb

The field of “nutrition” has long ago disappeared up its own arse – one too many coffee enemas. Its basically Poe’s law writ large now.

Emu meatballs, I mean come on.

“Eat more fruit veg and cut out the junk food” just doesn’t sell that many books or develop a strong social media presence.

Why we feel for clean eating

Cougar

One of the issues here is that “nutritionist” isn’t a protected term. I could call myself a nutritionist. What you need is a dietitian.

To paraphrase Dara O’Briain, would you go and see a dentist or a toothyologist?

footflaps

Admits to drinking apple cider vinegar daily

I ate an apple last week…

footflaps

One of the issues here is that “nutritionist” isn’t a protected term.

We really need the STW spam filter to substitute it for “moron”.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Don’t you mean Club House?

If I was a RRC member then it’s a club house but seeing as I’m not then to me it’s a Cafe same for anyone else walking in off the street..
    I would join if it was close to my work because the 2 free coffees a day adds up to over £1500 a year making the £135 joining fee a bargain. I know a few people who have done this for the coffee not the epic suffering/circle jerk/exclusive grey and pink kit

richmtb

One of the issues here is that “nutritionist” isn’t a protected term. I could call myself a nutritionist. What you need is a dietitian.

Yes I was aware of that. There are quite a lot of other glaring inconsistencies when it comes to food. “Organic” is a protected term and there are lots of rules that have to be followed to use this title. “Natural” isn’t though and has no meaning other than as marketing.

So “Richmtb’s Organic Salty Balls” would require I prove that they or their ingredients were cultivated in an area that hadn’t seen non-approved pesticides or fertilised for x number of years.

“Richmtb’s Natural Salty Balls” on the other hand would have no such standing and could contain absolutely anything that was approved for use as a foodstuff

MSP

MMMmmm chocolate salty balls, just stick them in your mouth and suck em!

angeldust
    Free Member

So “Richmtb’s Organic Salty Balls” would require I prove that they or their ingredients were cultivated in an area that hadn’t seen non-approved pesticides or fertilised for x number of years.

“Richmtb’s Natural Salty Balls” on the other hand would have no such standing and could contain absolutely anything that was approved for use as a foodstuff

I’m not buying either

perchypanther
    Free Member

That reminds me.

Must buy teabags.

fasthaggis

I ate an agitated apple today.

johnx2
    Free Member

@cougar – I never click on shite like this: https://www.aqualiv.com/alkaline-water-exposed/

But then I did. I got as far as:

Water ionizers split apart water molecules with electricity to artificially create alkaline water.

…before the involuntary noises I was making were starting to draw glances. Though I do approve of the split infinitive. The good news from this thread is that whilst I can’t say **** ******* ***** on here, I can say “knob clanger” so that’s okay.

Cougar

(-: It’s quality woo, isn’t it.

hammyuk
    Free Member

doris5000 – Member
    a glass of reverse osmosis!

pretty sure i had one of those at about 8am at glastonbury this year

Colonic Irrigation?

crazy-legs

I never click on shite like this: https://www.aqualiv.com/alkaline-water-exposed/

But then I did.

I did too.
    I’m just upset that all these years I’ve been missing out on energised structured water. Not sure how I’ll cope now that I know the water in my bidon (bought from a Rapha Clubhouse while drinking coffee made with reverse-osmosis water obvs) is unstructured.

😐

jonnyboi

To “activate” an almond you need to soak it for 24 hours in water then dry it out again over a low heat either in a dehydrator or on the lowest setting of an oven.

Proponents of activated almonds claim that raw almonds contain certain phytochemicals that prevent you from getting the full benefit of the nutrients almonds contain. They contend that by soaking the almonds for 24 hours and starting the germination process you are activating the almonds’ growth cycle which denatures these phytochemicals.

oh Lord,save us from unactivated almonds.

He could of course, just eat a few more almonds to get his full benefit, but that would render all the pretentious bollocks a bit well, moot. And no one wants that.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

For a novice, is RO water just de-ionised then?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Apple cider vinegar is the titts. Pies will make you acidic.

daviek

Activated almonds sounds like something Adam West would say when playing Batman

footflaps

Pies will make you acidic.

I only buy de-ionised, activated pies from the Greggs Clubhouse…

johnx2
    Free Member

(-: It’s quality woo, isn’t it.

The bollocks on that aqualiv site is suspiciously too good, like it’s cocking a sly eyebrow at anyone who vaguely remembers a smidgen of GCSE chemistry, whilst beckoning in only the numbest of numbskulls

philjunior
    Free Member

dangeourbrain – Member
    For a novice, is RO water just de-ionised then?

RO is a method of purification – you have a semi-permeable membrane and apply a pressure difference across it equal to or greater than the difference in osmotic pressures of the two fluids in order to get pure water.

It’s legit therefore, but totally pointless to do with tap water in any developed country. In fact some tapwater is subject to RO as part of its purification anyway.

Edit – although ironically often things are added post RO for tapwater too, e.g. chlorine to make sure it’s still safe at the other end.

Cougar

Thanks, now I’m getting funny looks in the office.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Thanks, now I’m getting more funny looks than usual in the office.

FTFY

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks philjunior, I’m glad someone said it!

Jamie
    Free Member

Again. This is 5 years old.

doris5000

Colonic Irrigation?

no thanks, I just had a banana

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

This sort of nonsense died when ‘Dr’ Gillian Mckeith inspected Michelle mcmanus’ jobbie on television.

That was TVs lowest ever.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Activated water is the business. I have mine activated with yeast, sugar and hops.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That would be horrible. You should use wheat or barley to improve the flavour.

CountZero

Of course, you should only drink natural alkaline water, none of that that nasty manufactured stuff.

Thankfully, I can decant large quantities straight from the tap! Go me! 😀

scaredypants

doris5000 – Member

Colonic Irrigation?

no thanks, I just had a banana [/quote]Souldn’t be a problem.
    Unless, …. err,… You know a lot of people still put bananas in their mouths these days ?

theotherjonv

Now Len’s retired, I assumed this thread was going to be about Craig Revel Horwood’s hipster catchphrase on Strictly. “Activate my almonds! That was FAB-U-LOUS!”

As for acidifying alkaline water, can I get a patent on apple cider acetate? I shall call it Vitamin WTF, and supply it in small bottles via all ‘good’ online health retailers, as well as about a million shonky thieving ones.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Reading this whilst facing the savage destruction from last nights kebab (imagine the sound of a load of old shoes falling out of a loft) maybe it’s worth a try.

😆

crazy-legs

Now Len’s retired, I assumed this thread was going to be about Craig Revel Horwood’s hipster catchphrase on Strictly. “Activate my almonds!

I have a mental image of a villain in his lair but instead of saying “unleash the hounds!” he’s shouting “ACTIVATE THE ALMONDS!”

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Activated almonds’ is closed to new replies.