Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • actionsports – payment
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Made a bit of an error in an order, selecting the option where i have to send euros to them from my bank. Didn’t realise this would attract a £25 fee, so would rather now just pay the 2% charge for using paypal. Can’t find anything on their website on cancelling an order which has not been paid for yet, and they’re not answering the phone. If I just don’t send payment presumably they will cancel the order sooner or later? Or will they send the Gestappo round to collect the money for the order?

Cheers

honourablegeorge

£25 fee?

Any IBAN transfers I’ve even done have been free.

atlaz
    Free Member

You know it’s against Paypal T&Cs to surcharge for PP usage. Surprised they’re doing it.

CraigW
    Free Member

You know it’s against Paypal T&Cs to surcharge for PP usage.

No it isn’t (in the EU).
    Though it is against Ebay terms to surcharge for Paypal, but this only applies to sales on Ebay.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I don’t really care about 2% extra for paypal, as it beats the £25 my bank want to charge for a Swift payment. So will actionsports come chasing me?

Cheers

cp

Tell your bank you want to do an iban transfer which is free between eu banks. Swift goes through a third party who charge.

You just need action bikes iban number

jota180
    Free Member

How much do you need to send them?

cp

Some bank branches are numpties and don’t really know what they’re doing with this sort of thing. You might need to find a bigger branch!

nedrapier

£10 at natwest. This is no help to you. Unless the £25 is “Urgent – 1-2 days” and there’s a non-urgent 2-4 days option that costs a lot less, but will probably be paid the next day anyway.

If it’s wheels, ask them to check that the hubs spin freely. It’s something they don’t seem to check,even if they’re building the wheels as a custom order. 👿

nedrapier

In 2009 EC published a new regulation (EC) No 924/2009 [2] on cross-border payments in the Community and repealing Regulation (EC) No 2560/2001 (the text of which is no longer available[clarification needed]). The new regulation (EC) No 924/2009 Article 1 (q.v., Ref.4) states that an IBAN/BIC transfer within SEPA must not cost more than a national transfer, no matter which currency is used. But receiving bank can charge for exchanging to local currency. However, according to Article 7 any current arrangements (made between payment services before November 1, 2009) can be honored up to November 1, 2012.

wiki IBAN

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘actionsports – payment’ is closed to new replies.