Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Action Cams..great value for money
  • astura
    Free Member

This has probably been done to death but I need one by this weekend as my son is starting riding and were going on our first trail Saturday so want to record it.

Iv put a wanted ad in, but just wondering what is best value for money id spend £100 used and £150 new maximum. Iv been looking through reviews this morning but I really need to get one ordered or bought today. Can anyone recommend decent cameras in this price range from experience?

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve got a cheap elephone explorer pro that to be honest the footage was fine, but using it was very ‘clunky’ if you know what I mean. It would often freeze, and you had to have a lot of patience in using it.

I have since bought the Go pro hero session 4, which was £150 from argos among other places, and it has been great so far. The only problem being that it doesn’t have a screen on the back to see what you are recording whilst holding it. However this isn’t something I needed after playing with the cheaper camera. On the Go pro one of the good things about it is by just pressing the big button and it will turn on and start recording in a few seconds.

The app is pretty good for editing the footage together too!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

it doesn’t have a screen on the back to see what you are recording whilst holding it

I’m not a 100% on this but can’t you connect the session to your phone via bluetooth and view where it’s pointing with the app?

Anyway, I’ve got a Session too, it’s great, simple to use and once you’ve got a hang of pointing it in the right direction it’s easy to set up. But, I don’t use it much these days so not sure about it being great value, but it is great when I do use it and look back on things.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*cough*

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/go-pro-hero-40
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/panasonic-and-replay-action-cameras-30-and-125

Will have some Hero 3/3+/4 (all black) this week too as the company I work for is heaving a massive clear-out*.

*mods, if you think this counts as trading let me know, I think I’m within the spirit of the rules selling stuff well below ebay prices.

Trimix
    Free Member

How much do you want for your massive clear-out ?

markshires
    Free Member

I’m not a 100% on this but can’t you connect the session to your phone via bluetooth and view where it’s pointing with the app?

Yes you can

astura
    Free Member

Session bought 🙂

prawny

Hero Session is mega for the price, I’ve had some of the cheaper cams (SJ400 and Veho Muvi k2) and the step up in general quality for the extra money is noticeable, not necessarily in picture quality, just build and ease of use.

I’d have the session 5 if I was buying again and I had the extra, but for £150 I think the plain session is great.

joebristol

Session 4 vote here from me – although you’ve now bought one already. I also have an sjcam m10 and the session is easier to use whilst out and about and adapts better to changes in the light – also has better colours. The sjcam does have a crisp picture though.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Image stabilisation makes a huge difference as I’ve noticed from comparing my sjcam 4000 to the newer m10+

Both eat up batteries fairly quickly

Best mounted on chest or bike helmet as most of the bar mounts are a bit naff *(though I’m using 25.4 diameter handlebars)

*The SP brand bar mount is excellent though:)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How much do you want for your massive clear-out ?

Why? Do you want a job lot of assorted TV and IT equipment that’s useless unless you want to film your own hidden camera TV show and know what a Sony RM-BR300 is :p

The Go-pro’s I’ve asked if I can sell them on here 10-20% less than we’d expect on ebay (i.e. less the ebay and paypal fees and with less hastle).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Action Cams..great value for money’ is closed to new replies.