Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Action cam or similar recommendations please
  • thenorthwind

I know this has probably been done to death, so apologies in advance.

My partner likes taking little bits of video in the same way I like taking pictures. Nothing fancy, no “edits,” just home video type stuff (not the NSFW sort of thing, you cheeky bugger).

She uses her phone but it’s a bit shit and she’s shown and interest in GoPro type things. Not sure it’s exactly the right thing, but since I know there are some pretty decent action cams for around £30-50, I think it might be worth a shot. So what’s the STW-recommended one at the moment?

Other suggestions welcome too. But not get another phone, which I know is probably the right answer but won’t happen for a variety of reasons.

5thElefant
    Free Member

One of the new Nikon Key Mission 80s.

Alphabet

I’d recommend an SJ Cam 4000 or the 4000+ which is what I’ve got. You can pick them up on Amazon for about £40 to £60.

canopy
    Free Member

mrs bought me a vivitar 4k one.. was a bit more than what you’ve said but under 100 quid, but that was xmas last year. came with a handlebar mount for sure, can’t remember what else. really good and the steady shot is great.

its totally compat with go pro mounts. you can get a ‘box’ with all kind of gopro mounts (80 combinations or something?) from amazon for about 15 quid. inc. chest mount and various monopods etc

project
    Free Member

Rollie sold under different brand names or an Ion Pro, both about 40 quids from staples, rollie a go pro box, Ion a cyclinder camera

thenorthwind

Thanks for all the replies.

The SJ4000 is one I’d sort of come across before but not looked at closely. It looks hard to beat.

There’s a lot of very close copies on eBay for half the price. Are these worth it? Any disadvantage apart from not having the brand name/warranty?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Action cam or similar recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.