Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Acquired a Panasonic gf1 lense advise ???
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

So I have acquired a Panasonic gf1 camera it has come with a canon lense fitted within an adapter which is manual !
    What if like is an automatic lense as I know not very much about manually using a a camera appiture etc.

Can any of you recommend an all round auto lense for not very much ???

CraigW
    Free Member

The standard Lumix 14-42mm kit zoom lens is pretty good. Its a useful range for most photos (except wildlife or sports, when you might want something longer). Works fine for autofocus and aperture adjustment etc, and has image stabilisation.

Usually available fairly cheap second hand, maybe about £70.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah or the Olympus equivalent is fine too I think. The older Panasonic 14-45 is better but harder to come by/more expensive second hand. MPB photo usually good for s/h stuff.

CraigW
    Free Member

Though the Olympus lens won’t have image stabilisation. Not sure if it actually makes much difference.

dobo
    Free Member

The 12-32 panasonic has ios and has no manual focus..is really nice and small but isnt too cheap, theres also a nice 35-100 for longer duties, check ebay.
    the oly 14-42 mkIIr version is good but no ios
    2nd hand is the way to go for these types of lens as people sell them on to purchase primes like the panasonic 20mm 1.7 which is great

rossburton
    Free Member

Second for the 20mm f1.7 if you want to be a bit arty – the wide aperture is awesome. The good thing about the GF1 is that it’s a Micro 4/3rds body so any compatible lens will fit. camerapricebuster.co.uk has a good listing of the options and cheapest sellers.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

thank you to all for your help 🙂

Shackleton

I have a virtually unused 14-42 knocking about if you are interested. Email in profile.

20mm f1.7 is definitely recommended.

Don’t discount playing with the Canon lens either. I use 2 on my gh2 and they are great. Not great for moving subjects but a cheap way to get a fast “long” prime when you have time to focus. I love my 50mm f1.4 for portraits.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

email sent !

Russell96

The 14-42 will represent the best value you can get a s/h one for about 50 to 60 quid as Grum says the 14-45 is better but harder to get hold of. The Panasonic 20mm Mk1 is prob the best of the lot but the 14mm is worth looking out for at a sub 100 price as Panasonic released a pile of GF’s bundled with the 14mm at knock down prices. Oh and the 15mm bodycap lens produces some good pics now and then so worth watching out for a bargain price on one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Acquired a Panasonic gf1 lense advise ???’ is closed to new replies.