Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • acoustic guitar help
  • rOcKeTdOg

I’m looking for a small body guitar but with full length neck.tried 3/4 size & it doesn’t transfer back to my full size guitar (it’s for popping in the car to practice in my lunch hour, so small is better)
    any ideas?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tried looking at Parlour size guitars? Much smaller body… Need not be expensive Ibanez do a good range of Acoustic’s..

rOcKeTdOg

Will do
    any other recommendations?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    guitarhero
    Free Member

Martin Backpacker?

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Paul Brett Viator? (scroll down for details/videos), just over £200.

bikebouy
    Free Member

webbie link

Try this site, it’s a bit generic but gives views on styles/makes/prices, you know for reference.

Other than that major Brands like Aria, Ibanez, Martin, Crafter, Yamaha etc, etc will do a line in acoustic Parlour or small bodied guitars.

Not all Brands are,equal, those above produce some excellent equipment, but don’t rule out Fender/Gibson or their cheaper sub brands.

Should be able to find something for a few hundred quid, less if in a sale..

duntstick
    Free Member

Taylor GS mini

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_uakxZCMyw[/video]

Price

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers,it’s only for practice so no need for top quality

bones
    Free Member

Have you considered an electric? Maybe a semi-acoustic/hollow body? I tend to pick up my (unplugged) electric when just running scales and exercises.
    If you’d rather stuck with acoustic, check out Ovation guitars, think they also do a cheapie line.

bonchance
    Free Member

GS mini – or less $$; A Sigma OOO hog?

http://www.projectmusic.net/sigma-000m-15-11743-p.asp

Unashamed Martin copy, but love mine!

duntstick
    Free Member

Cort Mini

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ4DMB5gmQQ[/video]

deejayen
    Free Member

A Traveler guitar? Traveler Acoustic

CountZero

Copy of a Martin 000, like a Sigma, or similar? They were designed as a small-bodied instrument with a full length neck.
    I’ve got a Sigma Dreadnought upstairs, bought it decades ago, but haven’t played it for years. Laminated top, rather than solid, sadly, but it was only £100 at the time, and as Bonchance says, Sigma guitars are sort of copies of Martins, Sigma being set up as Martin’s equivalent to Gibson’s Epiphone.
    You might be lucky and find a s/h one around.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I Have a martin traveller acoustic bought as a present
    It is surprisingly good and would easily suffice as a second guitar and it is pretty robust and a decent playing insturment
    Sub £100 on ebay s/h i think.
    I advise getting the add on to make it round for ease of playing
    Might part with mine if you are really interested but happy to keep – if you were more local or oop north soon you can borrow one to see what they play like

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘acoustic guitar help’ is closed to new replies.