Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Achy hot knees
  • alexxx
    Free Member

Weird one.. I’ve done a couple of rides recently where my knees have felt tired afterwards and it’s taken nearly a week for them to calm down (dull dull ache). Tonight I’ve noticed my knees are very hot.. we did a fairly calm ride (6 miles / 1200ft).. it was nothing that ever previously hurt…

I’m not doing anything different.. what gives!?

Paul-j

New shoes?
    When was the last time it happened, and after doing what? Does it hurt more so when you move them, or the same sat still?

alexxx
    Free Member

Doesn’t hurt any more when moving. They feel absolutely fine today so it was just for a 10 hour period after riding.

Same shoes.. I use flats (fivetens).. I do remember a bit in the ride for less than say 300 meters having my feet in a fairly arched out position but I was only pushing the 32/42 so fairly gentle.

I feel like it’s maybe happened but not as bad on the turbo trainer a couple of weeks back but haven’t been on it since (going on it tonight so I’ll see!).

I guess I’ve just not warmed my legs up enough first maybe?

somouk
    Free Member

The warmness is what would concern me, thats normally a sign of increased blood flow to the area as it’s trying to heal something or fight an infection. See how you get on with it but consider seeing the doc.

alexxx
    Free Member

Bugger – hope it’s nothing serious as I’m off to NZ cycling for 6 weeks in Feb/March 🙁

survivor

I had the same thing for awhile so know what you mean. Turned out to be saddle width and position on a bike I’d started to do more miles on so hadn’t noticed before. Solved with wider saddle(was getting a sore ass as well!) and tweaking the setup

As above it’s a sign something’s not quite right but remember if you start adjusting stuff do one thing at a time..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Achy hot knees’ is closed to new replies.