Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Aching feet after riding……comfy shoes?
  • ton

i wear flat shoes for riding (teva links or scarpa approach shoes), and my feet are fine whilst riding, but after riding they hurt like heck.
    they hurt under my arch and on the top, on the big flat area above my toes.
    i was thing about try spd shoes again, but foot pain was the reason i stopped using them in the 1st place.
    or ideas for some really comfy shoes for after riding….some that kinda massage your feet… 😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

Different insoles and don’t do them up as tight may actually be the answer!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ie insoles with arch supports in I bet your existing shoes are letting your arch collapse……had it with a pair of Sidi shoes until I put some speshalised from an old pair of carbon race shoes, shoe insoles in

Superficial
    Free Member

I would have guessed it was lack of a stiff sole?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stiffer shoes and arch supports (if your arches drop), well fitted shoes and pedals big enough to stand on without overhanging. Proper stiff SPD’s with floaty pedals (Crank Brothers for me) are the other option (with the arch drop corrected if needed).

_tom_
    Free Member

I always had this before I started getting shoes with a stiffer sole.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

get some proper shoes for flats and you shouldn’t have any issues..as said stiffer soles..i’ve had this if I commute in normal trainers on the bmx. Too much pressure on the arch of the foot. Solved by wearing good quality skate shoes with a stiff sole.As the sole is flexing, i guess the extra pressure and flex on the sole above the pedal is causing pressure on foot from the upper part of the shoe being stretched..which may be causing a pressure point..restricting blood flow ?? maybe

think you can also get mouldable inner soles for ski/snowboarding.. either for your riding or post riding shoes ..or both

ton

shoes are teva links, which are designed for riding
    pedals are v12’s

ampthill

Try stretching your calves etc.

This might be the things thats hurting

The plantar fascia

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/heel-pain/pages/introduction.aspx

vorlich
    Free Member

Try stretching your calves etc.

+1

I had some issues recently where my heel was sore enough that I started walking funny, which then gave me hip pain. Calf stretches, (face upstairs with ball of foot on edge of step. Drop heel and hold, one leg at a time), sorted me out quite quickly.

PMK2060

I use sole custom footbeds in my bike and running shoes. Really helped with foot pain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Aching feet after riding……comfy shoes?’ is closed to new replies.