Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • achillies tendonitis
  • rOcKeTdOg

anyone got it, what's the cure? it's p***ing me off

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I had it pretty badly last year. Go and see a physio, if you haven't already, for some proper stretching exercises and to make sure it isn't too bad. And stop riding your bike, I didn't and it took about 9 months to heal properly!

Oh and go over your bike setup really carefully. I discovered I was running my seat a fraction high (on my road bike) and this was aggravating it when I tried to start riding again and undoing all the no riding/stretching I was doing. Doh!

rOcKeTdOg

stop riding my….i don't understand that sentence 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TimP
    Free Member

I had it really badly in both heels, and still do to some degree. Reached the point where I couldn't walk to the shower in the morning and they were sore all day.
    Saw 4 different physios and 2 podiatrists, and eventually it was put down to the way my feet hit the ground when I run/walk. I was given several simple stretches to do every 2 hrs to start with, and now do them twice a day. I also have special insoles to wear in all my shoes to reposition my feet. Cost me 400-500e to get it sorted as I ignored all the early signs ant let it become a major issue. In the end I went to the physio in August after preseason rugby training, and played my first game in early March, after starting training after Christmas. I was however told that cycling was not an issue and used it as cardio as I couldn't run

I would recommend finding out what the cause is, as it wont just go away on its own.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i got it badly in my right achillies – pretty much ruined my season.

Went to a sports physio and she was about as much use as a fart in a space suit- got more useful info off a member of this forums wife and went about sorting the problem my self with stretches she gave me and adjusting my bike to suit.

Reason i have the issue is my saddle although by the book is the correct height because ive cycled so much(without other exercise and when i was touring a bad stretching regime) my hamstrings are really short and pull on my achillies at max extension – i have to ride with my saddle 2 inches below ideal at the moment but i can ride pain free indefinantly with it like that – going to work on my hamstrings over winter but im told theres no "that" much i can do and it will be a slow process

rOcKeTdOg

well it doesn't hurt at all while riding, but the classic hobbling when i've been sat still for a few minutes or when i get up in the morning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘achillies tendonitis’ is closed to new replies.